chapter thirty-one

miami, floridasunday, december 4th7:56 a

miami, florida
sunday, december 4th
7:56 a.m.

two weeks later

——y/n's pov——

"I don't think she's going to wake up soon."

"Shush Brenden. She's your daughter, have some faith. She's our only child. We have to have hope."

"You're right, Mallory. I just can't believe this happened. What was she thinking driving while hysterical?"

"She's a young woman. She broke up with her boyfriend that she adored so of course she's going to be upset."

"I miss our little girl, Mallory."

"I do too."

"When is Eren coming to see her today? He's left so many damn flowers that it smells like a floral shop in here."

"I don't know. He said he would stop when she wakes up."

My eyes open and I'm faced with the brightest light I have ever seen. Maybe it's Heaven. So I really did die? And what's with all the fucking voices?

And oh shit. My side and my head hurts so badly. Like someone is stabbing at both of them. Oh my god. I hiss through my teeth and look down. There's a soreness on my hip an IV is hooked up to my arm. Little nicks and scratches outline my arms. What the fuck happened?

"Y/n!" I hear.

I look up and both of my parents are crowding me like I am some celebrity. I hold my arm up to shield myself from them but my mom pulls my hand away to look at me.

Her eyes are glossy and there's a huge smile on her face. She's kissing my cheek and my dad is yelling for a doctor. Mom cries into my shoulder and her hair brushes up against my nose. It smells like honey. Like home. My parent's house.

I hold her close and let a deep breath out. "Mom," I breath out. My own eyes are tearing up too. Holy fuck. I didn't think I'd even live through the crash. I don't want to let go of my mom.

Mom brushes a strand of hair from my face and places it behind my ear. She has eyebags under her eyes and she looks tired.

Dad comes back and hugs me longer than mom. He kisses my head and holds my hand while the doctor comes in. He's name is Erwin—judging by his name tag— and he gives me a warm smile.

"Welcome back to reality, Y/n." Erwin laughs and writes something down on his clipboard. He pulls out a flashlight. "I'm gonna shine this in your eye, okay?"

I nob and slightly cringe when the light flashes in both eyes. I really wish he would say what he is writing down on that clipboard because it seems long.

Over the next ten minutes, he asks me all of these questions and it takes me a while to answer. He said I was very lucky to survive the crash.

When he leaves, he is quickly replaced by two screaming girls. Mikasa and Sasha. They're bolting through the door and they almost make my parents fall down when they leave the room. Mikasa is hugging me and Sasha is crying.

"We thought you were gonna fucking die. Don't ever do that shit again, Y/n." Sasha breathes and hugs me too. Mikasa laughs against my ear and that's when I smell all of the flowers in the room. They're everywhere.

On the floor, on the table, chair, nightstand. And they're all different color roses. I pluck one from my nightstand and smell the flower. I close my eye and inhale deeply.

I already know the answer, but I ask slowly. "Who are all of these flowers from?"

The girls exchange looks and Mikasa just ends up scowling. "Your prick ex-boyfriend." Sasha immediately gets pissed.

"You can just say Eren," I mumble.

"Don't say his name!" Mikasa cuts me off.

"He's been sending some every fucking day. And he visits you."

He visits me?

"I don't want him to visit me anymore. I told him to never speak to me again." I roll my eyes and sit up.

"Don't worry, we told Armin to tell him that you woke up and to not come by anymore." Sasha beams and looks accomplished.

"Thanks guys. What did I miss?"

They both take a seat in the sides of me in the bed and fill me in. I didn't miss much at all. Thanksgiving was a bust and they didn't do anything. They stayed here all day. It brings tears to my eyes that they were here all the time.

"I think I want to cut my hair," I blurt out.

"Why?" Sasha looks over to me.

"Just to change?" I don't even know why either. Every girl changes after they get broken up with. So it only seems right that I do it.

"Are you going to tell us what happened between you two?" Mikasa asks.

There's no point in hiding it. "He kept a very big secrets from me this whole entire time and I ended up finding out because I looked through his closest. He's completely fucking closed off about his personal life so I found out the hard way. It pisses me off that he didn't trust me after I tell him everything—" I pause—"I even talked about Reiner."

"Is he gay? Is that the secret?"

I slap Sasha in the arm and roll my eyes. "No, he's not gay."

Sasha makes an "ahhh" noise and rambles in about her new hobbies. Mikasa listens intently while I don't even listen at all.

Now that I'm in a somewhat right headspace, I think it's time to think about Eren. I'm still very pissed off at him and lost a huge chunk of trust out of him. But—what if he kept it all tucked away for a reason? He was abused as a child and I doubt he could tell anyone about it. So why would he try to tell me?

I don't think he was ready to tell me about that. That's fine with me because I wouldn't want to tell anyone that either. The thing that really infuriates me is the fact the he kept the fact that he's a band away from me. He wouldn't explain why he was out so late, how he all this money to flaunt, and so many other things. I was his girlfriend and things were getting serious between us!

I told him everything and I didn't get shit in return. I gave him all of my everything. It just puts me the wrong way about everything. I can't fucking stand him right now. I trusted him and he lied to me so many times.

I don't want to think about him anymore. And I certainly hope he isn't thinking about me. Maybe he should go date someone else to lie to.

I scowl and turn back to my friends. They're here for me, so I better pay attention to them.

Throughout the rest of the day, we laugh and cry and then laugh again then cry. We order takeout and I almost scream from how good it is. I haven't had real food in what it feels like forever.

I think it's time for a change. I have a job lined up and all I need is my friends.

I'll be okay.

                                      ——————

let's see how changed y/n will get 👀
also you guys are gonna HATE her soon
-reece