chapter twenty-eight

miami, floridaTuesday, november 22st7:01 p

miami, florida
Tuesday, november 22st
7:01 p.m.

mild spice

                               ——y/n's pov——

"Yes Mom, I have everything packed."

I yell into the phone because mom is on the highway and she can barely hear me while she's zooming past all these cars. While I'm yelling, she's yelling too. Her voice ruptures my ears so much I pull the phone away.

"IS EREN PACKED TOO?" she screams into the phone. Mom's voice is the equivalent to a microphone getting dropped on the floor.

I walk to my door and put my bag next to it. I roll my eyes and shake my head. "I'm sure he is Mom. Listen, I gotta go. I'm about to go to Eren's house."

"Okay, good. Don't be late for your flight Wednesday!"

"I got it! Love you."

"Love you too sweet girl," Mom calls out and hangs up.

I can't help but be so excited. I couldn't sleep last night even though we won't be leaving until Wednesday. My boyfriend is spending the holiday in Vermont with me. Talk about one huge step up!

I double check if every light is off and walk out the door. My luggage consists of two suitcases. I'm sure I only needed one, but I plan on going a lot of places during my stay with my parents.

Our flight leaves at five in the morning and I doubt we'll get any sleep. Shit, I'm running on two 5-Hour Energy's and a coffee. No matter how much I fight it, a smile stays on my face no matter what. I cant contain it.

I get down to the elevator and tap my foot against the floor. I dart to my car and practically run. I could practically scream from joy. My heart races and thumps so loudly I can hear it in my ears.

I want to scream to the world that my boyfriend is coming home with me. I want to scream at the top of my lungs because I love him.

I love my boyfriend so much it hurts. He's my first boyfriend and the first guy I loved besides my father. He's my first. My first everything. Sure, I'm only twenty-one, but I think this is for real. Something that I'm able to be committed to.

Is this what it's like to be in love? Love is such a complex word. Love can mean so many different things and be shown in so many different ways. Does Eren know I love him? Would he be weirded out if I said it to him? Or maybe I should rethink this because what if we are moving too fast?

Eren took my virginity, he's meeting my parents, I love him, and we've done so many things with each other. Of course I love him.

I take a deep breath and get in my car. I speed past so many cars to get to him. Is it weird I almost feel hysterical? Hysterical because I have so many of these emotions towards him?

But at the same time, there's something scratching at my insides. Like when your gut tells you that something is wrong? Exactly that feeling but intensified by so much. I flash back to all those times he was busy at unusual times at night, the way that guy texted him about practice, and how he left suddenly on one of our dates.

He probably isn't comfortable talking about his personal life.

I brush it off and deep a deep breath.

                                      ——————-

7:20 p.m.

He picks me up and twirls me around while I'm in his hands.

He holds onto me like it's the last thing he will ever do. I plant a kiss on Eren's mouth and put my bags inside of his apartment. I look over and see Eren's bags packed too. Two duffle bags that looked over-stuffed. I laugh a little and look around his clean apartment.

"How much shit did you pack in your bags?" I giggle and pick up his bag. It weighs a ton and I immediately drop it back down on the floor.

Eren shakes his head and smiles at the same time. "I didn't know how much to bring! It's better to be safe than sorry."

"We're only staying for three days. This is enough for three weeks!"

He laughs a little then grabs my hand. Eren drags me to his room and shuts the door. There's a bottle of wine and popcorn on the bed. His black out curtains are closed and candles are lit around the room. On the TV, 500 Days of Summer is displayed.

It smells like roses. Like you just went into a Bath and Body Works and the only scent there was some sort of rose smell. I almost laugh but I don't want to ruin the moment.

"Babe, this is amazing. Seriously." I turn around and kiss him a few times. He's smiling against my mouth as he pushes me onto the bed. Eren unlatches from my lips and pushes the food away so it doesn't spill.

Eren is between my legs and slowly edging my legs away from each other. I can already feel my body lighting up with his touch and my nipples getting harder when he brushes up against my torso.

I put my hands on his broad shoulders and start taking his hair out of the bun it was in. My fingers dance in his hair and he groans. His breath hits my neck and now I groan.

Few seconds later, my shirt is off of my body and my bra is being unclamped. Our clothes get thrown on the floor and soon after, the bed is groaning with us.

——————
7:50 p.m.

I washed the sex off of me before Eren did.

That's why I am the one on his bed watching the movie and drinking the wine. I hear Eren step into the shower and the water start pouring. I grin and remember what just happened and run my hand along my stomach.

"Y/n!" Eren calls out from the bathroom.

I whip my head around in the direction of the bathroom. "Yeah?" I yell back.

"Can you get me something to wear? I forgot to get something."

I tell him yes and climb out the bed. I pop a piece of popcorn in my mouth on the way to his closet. The closest is massive. And it's full of black and white clothing. Of course, that's all he wears.

I step into his closet and find shorts and a shirt. I reach above onto his top shelf to get him socks when something falls down.

I curse lightly and get down to grab whatever fell.

A box with the lid completely off. It's just a cardboard box full of paper. Like a lot of paper. It's looseleaf and the ink of the writing bleeds through the back so I can see the chicken-scratch hand writing.

I flip them over and read the first line.

Eren, I'm sorry.

I scrunch my eyebrows and immediately look to see who sent this letter.

From Dad

And the address is from Georgia.

A Georgia prison.

My heart hammers in my chest and I go back to the first sentence and start reading.

——————

OOOOH THIS ISNT GOOD

-reece