chapter thirty-four

burlington, vermontsunday, january 1st8:00 p

burlington, vermont
sunday, january 1st
8:00 p.m.

                              ——y/n's pov——

Maybe I am the pathetic one.

Here I am, standing out front of a "Paradis Devils" concert venue. Green lights shine from the outside and onto the sidewalk. I'll give it to them, they're pretty good at advertising. I'd be interested if I saw like green lights outside of a building.

Music streams out of the building like a really good smell that draws you in. Hey it worked, I'm here.

Christmas was nice with my parents. We stayed in all day and ended the day with a snowball fight outside of the house. My close family came over and we ended up cooking all together. It was very therapeutic to see everyone once again. It was actually comforting.

But back to my main point, I am a pathetic loser. I'm trying to get back together with someone who I can't stand. I love and I hate him. Is that wrong? Maybe if we talk, then we could figure out something with each other. Who knows, maybe I'll blow up on him.

Thank god there was a concert here because I didn't want to drive hours to get to some venue and be in a place I don't really know.

While eating my Sonic Blast with Sasha, I started thinking about all of those times with Eren. Maybe I can get past the whole lie that he was the leader singer the whole time. We had so many good moments in our relationship that could override this whole thing.

I check my outfit one more time. My hair is clipped back and I'm wearing some old baggy jeans with a loose belt. I have on a black tank top and my boots boost me up to be at least 6'2 now. Maybe he won't notice me at first because I changed my hair and stuff. I kind of hope not though because I want him to notice me.

I make sure my earrings are in place and walk into the venue and give my ticket to the man at the front. When I walk in, the music seems to intensify and feel the ground vibrate under my feet. I grab my chest and gulp.

My goal is to get to the very front. And I WILL push any bitch who dares to get in my way. I check my time and see I have five minutes until the concert starts so that's when I start my journey to the front.

I squeeze my way past so many people that I might have contracted disease. So many people stand with signs in there hands. Jean's face is on one of the them with the word "daddy" under it. I gag. Girls and guys have band member's on their shirts and their calling out their beloved band member's names.

When I made my way to the front I feel like something is lodged in my throat. I hold onto the railing in front of the stage.

Neon green lights come on inside now and everyone looks like aliens. People throw around glow sticks and light up dildos. I can't believe this is their fan base.