chapter twenty-three

miami, floridatuesday, september 6th10:23 p

miami, florida
tuesday, september 6th
10:23 p.m.

                                 smut warning

——eren's pov——

My throat burns. It's an excruciating type of burning too. But, the fiery sensation makes me feel alive and like I'm actually doing something productive.

We're all putting up our equipment from our latest practice and getting ready to go home. Armin is going home to Annie. Jean is going home to drink or fuck some girl. Connie is going home to smoke or join Jean in his shenanigans. But me?

I am going to see her.

Me and Y/n really haven't been able to see each other for the past week because of my mom's visit, and the fact that my work load is steadily increasing. Scratch that: increasing rapidly.

I spend majority of my time in the studio or sleeping. It's work, eat, sleep and repeat. An endless cycle. I am breaking the cycle today because I am going to go see my girlfriend.

I'm hastily picking up wires, putting the guitars back, and turning off the lights in the recording area. The rest of the guys pick up slower than me, so I just take care of things for them.

"Goddamn, Eren." Connie yawns and scratches his neck. "Why are you in such a rush?"

"Just wanna get home early tonight," I mumble.

Connie makes a humming noise in response and puts his bag around his arm. Armin cleans his keyboard and unplugs the wires to the amp. Armin is moving just as quick as I am.

We catch each other's glances and hold our stares. Armin knows why I am going so fast. He's the only one I told about Y/n. I'm the closest with him since I've known him basically since preschool. He was shocked—actually. But I could tell he was happy for me. He's just eager to meet her.

"Talked to that girl lately, Jean?" Connie turns to ask him. Jean is rubbing his eyes and looks at Connie with a questionable stare.

Connie rolls his eyes and elaborates, "The one girl you were thinking of asking out a while ago."

"Ohhhh! Y/n." Jean finally puts two and two together.

The hair on the back of my neck sticks up and I feel cold suddenly.

"It's just brief conversation. But yeah, we talk." Jean nods his head.

They still talk. Huh.

I can't be angry though. She's my girlfriend and I trust her. Okay, maybe I am a little upset. But as long as Jean doesn't try anything with her, I'll tolerate it and won't say anything.

Plus, I can't bring it up anyway because she doesn't know that I know Jean.

Armin looks back at me with a knowing stare. I shake my head and he nods. Jean tells us good night and walks out with Connie. We follow in suite and turn the lights off.