chapter fifteen

miami, floridathursday, august 11th8:23 p

miami, florida
thursday, august 11th
8:23 p.m.

  smut warning

                              ——y/n's pov——

Eren stands there with one hand behind is neck and the other wrapped around the door knob. I'm close in height with him, but right now, he feels like he's towering over me. He's intimidating me with his glare casted on his face.

His hair is down and slightly damp like he had just gotten out the shower. He smells of citrus and whatever good shampoo he used on his hair.

Oh yeah, did I mention he was shirtless? Water glistens against his abdomen and chest. He definitely just showered—or was in the process of showering. His shoulder muscles are perfectly shaded from him standing in the dark.

Grey sweats hang loosely on his waist. So loose that they could fall off. There's steam flowing off of his skin that makes the fact that he's angry even scarier.

"I came to check on you," I mutter out. The growing rock in my throat prevents me from talking in long sentences.

Eren now leans against the doorway and crosses his hands over his chest. His adam's apple bobs effortlessly inside his throat. "Why?" he asks in that clipped voice again.

I stand up straight up at least seem a little taller. Why?? That's the stupidest question he could've asked. I'm pursing my eyebrows again and responding with a no-patience voice now. "Because you haven't bothered to fucking text me. I thought you died. But no, you're just being a douche bag."

"The phone goes both ways, Y/n. You could've messaged me."

I'm digging my fingernails into the palm of my hand. It's painful, but it's keeping me from raising my voice. "Don't be a dick. Why didn't you even text me?" I push through Eren and go inside his apartment because I know this is going to be a long conversation and I'm not standing out there like an idiot.

His house is clean. Very clean. Especially for a guy. Everything looks wiped down and in place. Pillows on the sofa are in place and there's no junk mail on the counter in the kitchen. Only the kitchen light is on, so I can't get a good look at the rest of the house. It's all clean, though. The house is made up of blacks and whites with the occasional different color.

I refocus my attention on Eren and watch him close the door and stand over me once more. His chest rises and falls quickly from the anger radiating off of his body along with the small stream of steam.

"Because I'm sure you've been keeping yourself busy," he says. There he goes again. The feeling of him being multiple feet taller than me comes back. Fucker.

What does that even mean? Keeping myself busy? Sure, school keeps me busy but I always made time for him during the week to hangout and talk.

"Busy doing what? I make time for you and you go ahead and say this shit."