chapter twenty-six

miami, floridamonday, november 7th4:35 p

miami, florida
monday, november 7th
4:35 p.m.

       two months later

  ——y/n's pov——

"Is this Y/n L/n?" the voice on the other side of the phone says. There's a clicking and tapping noise against a keyboard of some sort. Slight chatter goes on in the background. It's an office, of course it will be busy.

I set my coffee down and pause my show. "This is she."

My nerves are all over the place. I'm clutching my phone so hard it might break in my hands—or slip out because of my sweaty hands.

"Great! I just wanted to inform you that you got job. Hange will forward all the information to you. We're excited to start working with you. I have heard all about your involvement in high school dealing with our program . You start sometime in January. Have a nice evening," she ends off and hangs up on me.

My heart leaps out of my chest and I start to cry. I throw my hands up in the air and shout. Eren comes out of the bathroom and checks to see if my phone is out of my hands.

"You got the position?" he questions.

I shake my head yes and wipe my tears. Eren's lips curve up and end up in a huge grin. He runs over and picks me up. He's jumping up and down and swinging me around. "My girlfriend got the job! My girlfriend job the job!" he shouts.

I'm in the mix of laughing and crying and so is Eren. I've been waiting for this call for a month and I finally got it. I got the job I wanted!

A month ago, I was looking at the bulletin board for school and saw that there was a job application for an assistant position at a mental clinic here in downtown Miami. It was mostly for people in my class who wanted to give it a try. I sent in my resume as soon as I saw it.

I'll be the assistance to Dr. Zoe Hange. It doesn't matter at all to me. I don't care if all I'll do is make her coffee and do paperwork. I got the job and that's all that matters. I can start paying for my own things and my parents won't have to pay for a lot of my stuff anymore.

I will be getting the experience that I need.

"My girlfriend is the absolute best," Eren says while putting me down on the floor. You can hear the smile in his voice.

"I couldn't do it without the support from you."

Eren had been ecstatic from the moment I told him. He was the one who told me to put in my resume. I guess he was that extra push.

We kiss and end up freaking out again because even though it doesn't seem like a serious job—it's serious to me. My first real job.

I grab my chest and breath in and out.