chapter twenty-one

miami, floridamonday, august 29th11:43 a

miami, florida
monday, august 29th
11:43 a.m.

I stare lifelessly at the board while Sasha mumbles something underneath her breath. Ackerman drones on about mental processes. Students whisper to each other talking about upcoming parties, sex, and money. Of course I only pick up on the parts about sex.

For the first time in forever, I finally realized how boring class is. I used to enjoy being in the classroom but now it does not feel right. We sit here everyday learning about the same old thing and are expected to know everything about it when we leave class.

Maybe it's because all I want to do is be wrapped up in Eren's arms and kiss him a million times. His hands running across my body and saying sweet nothings in my ears.

I'm passing all my classes with great grades, nothing short of all A's. What is there to worry about? I study my ass off and do the extra reading assignments, so I should be fine. Just let me daydream for one day.

I go back to Saturday when we kissed in the middle of the street like it was the last time we were about to see each other for the last time. What if it was the last time we were going to see each other? How could I be so stupid and ignore him?!

But I did stick to my word. I got back on track with my work like I said I would and even got a boyfriend along with it.

Boyfriend.

It's such a crazy thing to say. He's my first everything. Boyfriend, first person I had sex with, and the first guy that makes my heart beat in my ears so much it's like it will explode.

I'm going to go to his place tonight.

He's cooking for me and we are watching movies all night. My morning classes all got cancelled (including this one) so I can stay the night. I'm attached to the hip with him just like Mika and Sasha are. Maybe we would double date together?

I still haven't even told them I was talking to someone. They don't even know I have a boyfriend or that I've had sex. Isn't that what we are supposed to do? Gossip about that kind of stuff? Talk about sex and our sexual fantasies?

The idea seems odd. They always talk about stuff like this in the movies and I see people doing it all the time. Actually, it feels uncomfortable to talk about that type of stuff. I want our relationship to be personal and private. Not a secret, though.

I feel guilty for not telling them this stuff. I just don't think I am ready for all of that. The questions that they will ask just give me nightmares thinking about it.

Eren's face is tattooed in my brain and his voice is on loop in my head. The movements of his hands on my body are inked into my skin. I get goosebumps when I think of it.

I'm going to make sure he knows how much he means to me. I'll do anything to make him happy.

Ackerman claps his hands and tells us that we are dismissed. This is my last class for the day so I'm relieved. Sasha yawns and throws her booksack over her shoulders. There's eye-bags under her eyes that are turning purple. Mika must be keeping her busy at night.