⛓️⨾ 13장 ଓ

❝ 13: a wedding once again ❞

꒰ point of view ⇄ 3rd person ꒱

point of view ⇄ 3rd person

❝Oh, that looks good too!❞ Mrs. Park (Jay's mom) exclaimed upon laying eyes on a Hanbok that Remi's mom showed her. ❝Do you think so? I think it will match with Remi's skin tone.❞ She responded holding the Hanbok in front of Remi to see if it compliments her.

Today, The ladies are looking for a Hanbok for Remi for the upcoming wedding. The two best friends have been looking at every Hanbok they could lay eyes on for the past hour they've been in the store they entered. Remi has gotten a bit tired from trying many hanboks and wished to leave anytime soon. But the two older women have unending energy, unlike the bride.

❝It looks good... But we should look at the other shops. They say that we should not buy from the first store and the have to check different stores. ❞ Mrs. Park Stated and put back the Hanbok. ❝Let's go!❞ Replied Mrs. Lee.

Just like this, Remi wished that she hadn't thought of having another wedding if she didn't know it would be this tiring. As she didn't do this before, she had no idea.

Arriving at the next store, Remi sat down on a couch there while the other two are looking around for a good Hanbok. ❝This one might compliment Remi❞ Mrs. Park spoked pointing to a cherry red-colored Hanbok. ❝Yeah, that one might too❞ Reply Remi's mother pointing to a light-red colored Hanbok.

❝When is this gonna be over?❞ Remi complained, her body rested on the couch. ❝Stop complaining and get up from there. We have to see which Hanbok, you'll fit in❞ Her Mom spoked and held her by the arm to have her stand up from the couch.

❝Darker colors suit you best so we should get this one❞ Said Mrs. Lee holding the cherry-colored Hanbok she was pointing to earlier. The Hanbok has a cherry blossom design to it which is really pleasant to the eyes.

❝Let's get that one and let's tell the guy to get the same color ❞ Mrs. Park spoke getting her phone from her handbag.

❝Hello,❞ She said on the phone. Mrs. Park decided to phone Her husband to have the Hanboks match colors. ❝Did you decide on a Hanbok already❞ She continued waiting for an answer from her husband. ❝Not yet❞ Replied her husband.

❝Okay, then. Could you pick a cherry blossom-designed Hanbok?❞ She said. ❝Okay. ❞ Replied Mr. Park.

So they ended the call and approached the employee there. ❝Excuse me?❞ Jay said to the employee. ❝Yes? How can I help you?❞ Said the employee politely. ❝We were wondering if you have any cherry blossom-designed hanbok❞ He responded.

❝I don't want to be rude to ask, but what is it for?❞ The employee said. ❝Ah, it's for a wedding❞ Jay replied. ❝If it's for a wedding, then for the groom. It has to be the color blue...❞ The employee responded.

❝Right this way, sir❞ The employee continued and lead them to a room full of blue Hanbok.

❝These are all the Hanboks for a wedding If you look closely. There is a rack with the word "CHERRY BLOSSOM" embedded on it. If you excuse me, I'll be leaving now.❞ The employee said before leaving them on their own.

Jay carefully picked a Hanbok of his liking. A few moments later, he chose a Hanbok with a minimal design and has a tiny cherry blossom on it.

⛓️ ── 𖥻 day of the wedding ❐ ꗃ𖦹

❝I feel nervous...❞ Mr. Lee mumbled as he sits across her daughter. ❝Why are you nervous? You're not the one having a wedding here!❞ His wife slightly yelled to him.

❝It's my daughter's wedding, of course, I'll be nervous.❞ He reasoned. To which his wife replied with. ❝You weren't even nervous at her first wedding. Why are you nervous now.❞

Remi who was sitting across the two spoke. ❝Can you two stop arguing now? The wedding's about to begin.❞ After this, they kept their mouths shut until they were told to talk.

❝Ma'am, the ceremony's about to begin in 10 minutes❞ One of the staff of the place where they're having their wedding said. ❝The parents of the bride have to head to the hall now❞ The staff continued and the couple followed her out of the room.

Soon after, two ladies came into the room and escorted her to the hall. There, a small low table covered with blue and red cloth stands. On top of it has a kettle and other things needed for the ceremony.

At the beginning of the ceremony, they had their hands washed as it symbolizes purification. They then drank wine from a halved gourd made by Remi's mother, the bride's mother.

After the wine, the gourd is placed on the ceremony table.

They continued the ceremony until the pyebaek ceremony.

The pyebaek ceremony is when the bride gives her in-laws Korean dates and chestnuts. They then had the groom's parents toss the nuts to the bride and the bride will try to catch as many as she can. The number of nuts she caught signifies how many future children she will have.

The wedding ended successfully and they had everyone round-up for a group photo.

❝1, 2, 3...❞ The cameraman said looking into the camera lens. ❝Smile!❞ As he said so everyone gave a big smile and had different poses of their own.

They then had a photo shoot of just their family. First, the bride, groom, and their parents. And then with their siblings. Lastly, with everyone in the family.

That they took some great pictures and they planned to frame them to display at their home.

꒰📝꒱ ─── ❝ NOTES ❞

I don't really know anything about
traditional weddings in Korea
and I did do a bit of research
but this is the only thing that
I could understand much.
I kind of got inspired by
a drama I watched years ago

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

ଓ〜 🐼 THANK YOU FOR READING ❐𔘓 ─── 🥛 ៸៸ 𝖬𝖨𝖬𝖨 ໑

𔘓 ─── 🥛 ៸៸ 𝖬𝖨𝖬𝖨 ໑