⛓️⨾ 22장 ଓ

❝ 22: The due date is just a date ❞

꒰ point of view ⇄ 3rd person ꒱

Remi is 8 months pregnant and almost 9 months. They already had confirmed the due date from their ob-gyne.

Remi isn't the type to think about one thing and get scared but when thinking about giving birth, she felt anxiety. It's normal, she's never done this before.

She heard from other women that births are super painful and lasts for hours. Jay had already reassured her that everything is going to be okay and there is nothing to worry.

"woman dies of childbirth" she had found an article from the internet that her anxiety even worse. When she saw it, she wanted to just ignore but ended up reading the whole article.

❝Stop reading those❞ Jay had pulled the iPad from Remi's hands. He spotted her sitting on the couch and looking so focused on the iPad so he had already guessed that she's reading nonsense articles from the internet again.

❝I wasn't planning on reading them... It just happened-❞ She murmured, playing with her nails. ❝You should stop reading the articles so that you wouldn't see more of those the next time you open n*ver❞ Jay had said, putting away the iPad with his right hand on his waist.

❝Come here❞ Jay had settled himself beside Remi and rubbing her round belly. When his hand touched Remi's belly, he felt the baby kicked.

❝Oh- I felt a kick!❞ He screamed from joy, not too loud to bother the neighbors. ❝He kicks most of the time- so much that I have trouble sleeping at night❞ Remi explained. She rubbed her stomach gently and whispered some words to it.

Jay got closer to her stomach and whispered. ❝You'rea really energetic baby but you should let mommy get some rest❞ He truly meant this as Remi hadn't gotten proper sleep because of the baby's kick. The bags under her eyes got larger but she's still really pretty.

Oh, by the way, the baby's gender is a boy. They didn't do a gender reveal party of some sorts. They just simply told their friends and relatives after the ob-gyne told them.

Simply enough, Remi got a lot of rest that night. The kicks got gentle, as if he could hear his parents words from outside the womb.

With 14 days left till her due date, they (mostly Jay) had already prepared everything they needed for the day and packed in a bag.

❝So a friend invited me to a party... ❞ Jay started. Remi attentively listened to him.

It was a Saturday evening and the couple is having dinner when Jay brought up the topic. As the fear that Remi might give birth early arisen, they hadn't been out much.