Chapter 58

Five o clock the next morning, Matt, Christian, Brian, and I all sat in one large conference room.

I folded my hands together and gave a quick nod to Matt who flanked my right. He looked down and shook his head slightly, as if to say "don't trust him."

It was Christian he was referring to. Our eyes focused on the traitor sitting straight ahead at the opposite side of the table. I made sure that he flanked no one, as if to prove the point that it was us against him. There would be no real coalition, no coming together for a common purpose. He was forced to be present and had no other alternatives, besides death of course.

At first it was silent, I made it so. When I spoke then the meeting would commence, but currently, I could not bring myself to start.

I was currently overwhelmed with emotions that I couldn't dare bring to my face. This meeting would bring me one step closer to my mate. I would see her again, touch her, hold her in my arms. My body ached with longing for her, and soon it would all be over. There would be no year apart, no six months, I would be getting her now. Or in a few days.

Nothing mattered to me except the fact that she came home. I shuffled the papers in my hand and pretended to sift through them so I could gather my thoughts together. There would be no second or third meeting, we needed to come up with a plan and go about executing it.

Finally I looked up. "Alright gentlemen, obviously we know what the goal is, to bring my mate back. So the question is how? We know a few things for certain, she is in a base at least a couple states away. Christian knows the base. Brian works as an undercover rouge. Now Christian what state is she in?"

"South Dakota."

I paled. So far?

He continued."But they move bases every other week, we are in Wednesday. By Sunday she's gone, to a state even further east. By Sunday I will have no clue where the next base will be. They will contact me, if they need help with her but that could take anywhere from a week to a month."

Now that he said that, I was reminded of another question I forgot to ask him. "Speaking about that, why are you home now? Couldn't you have stayed as a rouge and continued to take care of my mate. Why did you leave?"

"They wanted me to keep an eye on you. See what your next plans were. I would return only if I had information or if Cara was acting up again."

"Well what if you give them some misleading information?" If they wanted to know my every move, why didn't we give them some false reports, throw them off of their game. Then my men could swoop in and save the day.

"What would you want me to say?"

Brian spoke before I got the chance."For example, tell them Reid's army is heading for another base, when in reality Reid's pack would be heading towards them. Make them believe we are doing an attack on another base when in reality we do an attack on them. They will be so unprepared."

"That won't stop them from transporting her, in fact, it'll give them an even bigger reason to keep moving on. They want to be further away from you. Remember ?" He said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

I wrung my hands and placed them back in front of me. Today was proving to be stressful, we needed a fool proof plan and we were nowhere close. "So what are you thinking?"

I couldn't believe of all the people I was asking for advice, it had to be Christian.

"I think you just go for it, full on attack the base. Kill every rouge in sight and then rescue your mate."