Chapter 46

***warning Realistic Rated R scene***

We were outside his cabin. We came straight from the headquarters. Matt was the only one allowed access to the underground facility. When he went they told him that. Apparently, Reid had left for the day and went back to his house that he rented a few miles away. Apparently it was a big cabin in the woods, isolated from everyone else. Knowing Reid, this was exactly the place I imagined him staying.

Matt was given the directions from a guy named Luke who had only been there once. I'm so glad Matt took us, because had I gone alone they wouldn't have allowed me entrance into their headquarters let alone tell me where to find my mate.

It only took a few minutes to reach his house. I was nervous to say the least, in just a few minutes I would be face to face with my mate for the first time in almost a year and a month.

I kissed Ashley goodbye. "I will call you if anything happens okay."She nodded. I turned to Matt and kissed him on the cheek as well."Thanks for everything, I wouldn't be here if not for you."

He coughed and looked away for a moment, his face turning red."Call us with any news, Ash and I will find a hotel for the night. Call us if you need a ride, if not then we will go back to California tomorrow afternoon."

"Wait!" Ashley chimed in. "Matt can we go to Orlando? I always wanted to go to Disney Land." She pleaded.

Matt rolled his eyes as if expecting this."They have one in California you know."

"But it's not the same." She huffed.

"Yeah the one in California is better."Matt muttered.They drove away, probably still discussing the supposed trip. I had no doubt Ashley would convince him, she was good at getting her way. Hopefully some of her tenacity would rub off on me right now.

I took a deep breath when I saw the car leave. They wanted to stay and make sure Reid let me in but I told them that wasn't necessary. Hopefully, if Reid respected me as a person, the thought of me being left alone in the woods would be force him to have me stay over, even if it were for one night only.

The leaves crunched under my feet and I walked slowly up to his door. I considered breaking and entering but that would cause too much noise. I also thought about knocking, but Reid might not want to answer to that either. I turned the knob and the door to see if it would open and surprisingly it did! He should really lock his doors.

When I walked in I could sense immediately that he was in a room upstairs. It was as if my senses were on steroids.m. I climbed the stairs slowly. If I was feeling like this, that only meant that Reid would too in a moment, and then he would realize that I was here. Nerves started to get the best of me. It really has been a year since I've seen him. So many things could have the potential of going wrong.

I listened at the door where his voice sounded from inside the room. He was on the phone and by the tone of his voice, he seemed pissed.

"And then what? What do you mean you don't know. You had one job and that was to watch her. So you tell me? Where is she?"

I opened the door. "I'm right here." I folded my arms.I was happy, angry, confused all at once. It was as if a whole myriad of emotions was suddenly coursing through my system. I wanted to find out the truth and nothing but the truth of why he left me. He wouldn't be getting away without an answer. That and I just wanted to kiss him.

All words vanished as I breathed his intoxicating aroma. I almost forgot what it was like to be completely doused in his scent.

He sat frozen with his back turned to me. Almost unbelieving, he sniffed the air again and slowly turned his head to meet mine. I didn't miss the pain in his expression before it turned back to his usual uncaring demeanor.