Chapter 06🥀

Chapter 06🥀

Research

I sighed and pull my keys. I should keep my cool. Pero tangina talaga eh bakit siya pa ang naging partner ko sa Practical research!

I shut my porche's door and started walking straight towards the place she texted. It's Saturday, ang sabi niya I should meet her downtown and she'll be waiting in a famous bookstore.

Speaking of Raya, 'Where is she?'

"Wala kang dalang lason?" I glared. Oh here she is, still at her wicked attitude.

"Nah, I don't use poison to bring down an enemy." I put both of my palm inside my pocket. I showed a smirked. "I use tactics and of course it's all about intelligence."

Hinarap ko siya at proud sa aking sinabi. Get that Raya? But my confidence pop like a bubble in the mid air and embarrassment begin to grow inside me.

She sarcastically giggle while covering her lips with her palm and trying not to look at me. "Meroon ka pala nun?"

"Excuse me?"

"Wala." she answered immediately. "Let's start doing our research na."

Hindi ako gumalaw. Malamig kong tiningnan si hiraya at inirapan siya. She saw it. May binulong siya sa hangin na hindi ko gaano marinig pero nang maramdaman ko ang kanyang kamay sa akin dumilat ako na para bang kaharap ko na ang kamatayan.

My eyes widened in surprise and my heart throbbing and beating fast. Unlike the beats that I felt from Jules, ibang-iba ang nararamdaman ko kay hiraya.

"Tsk. Tara na."

Everytime we got close or a touch of her skin close to mine, my system begin to shaken.

I am not scared but nervous and at the same time there's a part of me who wanted to be close to her.

Fuck. I'm really in trouble.

Binitawan ako ni raya at umopo siya sa Isa sa mga silya. May mga libro duon at ang computer ng library. Nasa second floor kami, the place isn't crowded, a perfect place to study and build concentration.

Sinimulan namin ang pagrere-search. We both write different sloths, pero same topic.

Climate Change.

Nag exchange papers kami, she reviewed mine and I review her work. I can say she did a pretty good job, the cause and preventions are clearly written for the readers to enhance their understanding on what we are trying to tell.

Inayos ko ang gamit bago umalis, tapos na si raya pati narin ako kaya mag-kasabay kaming umalis.

I'm outside the bookstore while raya started walking away. Tinitigan ko ang papalayong bulto niya at sinundan ko siya.

Pinagmasdan ko ang papalayo niyang likod, na siyang nag-udyok sa mga paa ko upang tumakbo at pigilan ang kanyang paglisan.

I grab her wrists and I turn her around to look straight at me, she look shock also taken aback. Wide eyes and lips. Hinihingal ako dahil sa pag-takbo at walang salita ang lumabas sa aking bibig.

'Why did I chase her?'

"B-bakit?" her voice snap something that made me comeback to my senses.

Fuck!

I really am fucked up!

"Nothing..."

We stared at each other. No one's blinking and only her beautiful eyes that pulls my soul deep within where she hides her true self.

I looked away reason to break out intimate stare.

Kumurap-kurap ako habang nakatingin sa taas at kung saan para hindi siya masulyapan.

I can't explained it but I clearly know what's this feeling is all about. I have to stop this fucking nonsense!

"You can go now." I said using a cold voice.

She went silent for a moment before she open her lips to spoke, it made this freaking heart of mine go wild mad.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but can you give me a ride back home?"