Chapter 10🥀

Chapter 10🥀

Painting

"Kuya did you make ne-chan happy?" hime asked with her puppy eyes.

Oh that! I haven't done anything to make raya happy, pero siguro sa monday gagawin ko na ang favour ni hime.

"I'm sorry hime I haven't done it yet, but promise I will." hime's face lightened up after hearing my last words. She kissed my cheek and leave my room to drink her milk.

Ngumiti ako at bumalik sa ginagawa. I am doing an outline for our presentation and a statement as well, Pagkatapos ay gagawa pa ako ng sagot para calculus.

When I'm done doing my activities I put it inside my bag for tomorrow. I heard a knock outside my door and my mother's voice.

"Come in." at pumasok si mama.

"Are you busy, anak?"

Umiling ako. "No, not at all mama."

"Great! Uhm... pwedeng kunin mo ang mga lumang papeles sa attic anak? I badly need the papers."

"Sure, ma. Nasa envelope po 'ba?" tanong ko at tumayo narin.

"No, nasa box sa may bintana." my mom answered and smiled and slightly hugging me, "Thank you 'nak."

Pumunta ako sa attic. The space and things here is fully covered in dust. I bet there's rats in here but I'm not scared.

Sinunod ko ang sinabi ni mama at pumunta sa may bintana, binuhat ko ang kahon ng mga papeles nang aksidenti kong natapakan ang isang paint brush.

I put down the box and grab the paint brush that I accidentally stumped from the wooden floor, My eyebrows furred at first and then I remembered that I used to paint.

Napangiti ako at tumingin sa painting set ko na nandito lahat sa attic. I used to be bullied back then, the children my age before told me it's too feminine for a boy to be a painter. But fuck them, I still like painting but I think I got bored and found my real hobby on sport.

Suddenly raya's words echoed inside my head. Ang nagpapasaya sa kanya ay 'yung pinaghihirapan diba?

Bumaling ako sa poster paint.

E'de paghihirapan ko.

~

Una kong inalabas ang mga papeles sa attic at sunod ay mga kagamitan ko sa pag-pinta. Mom saw it so she asked.

"You're going back to painting?"

"No, just for today ma."

My mother nodded and continue to what she was doing, as for me I'm in the back yard, finding some references to what I'm about to paint. But unfortunately wala akong mahanap.

I blow a loud breath.

I stared at the horizon, the blue sky and silver clouds, the fresh air and a scenery that matches someone I know with a spring vibe.

I close my eyes and remembered her beautiful face wearing her nerdy glasses, Wind stroking her hair and her delicate fingers touching the covers of the book she's reading.

I open my eyes and grab the paint brush started putting my dedication and determination towards the painting.

While I was painting her I realize the woman I'm painting is the same woman who I feel nothing but hate but I keep denying that the hatred change into something deep.

I stopped and starred at the painting. Just like I imagine, it turn out to be her. Hiraya Cervantes.