Chapter Three || Job

TW: DRUG ABUSE

If you are sensitive to the topics of drugs, do not read this chapter!

Anyways, I'm introducing a bunch of new characters that I will most likely draw, so look forward to that ig

---------------------

I sit on the couch in the living room, staring at the small TV in front of me. There was, once again, nothing interesting to watch or to do. I would play video games, but I've done that over a million times now and the battery was going to die soon anyway. I really need to get that battery upgrade, but I don't have the money. I would ask my mom or dad, but I don't want to seem like a bratty child. Maybe I could get a job...?

My eyes light up at the idea. That way I can earn money and I won't be bored on the weekends. "Where's a good place to work though?" I mutter to myself, staring up at the ceiling in thought. "Hmmm...Walmart? Fuck no. Standing at a register for hours seems like hell. A pizza place like...Papa John's? Nah. Hm...." A memory popped into my mind as I thought over my options. "Fredbear's Family Diner!" I whisper-shouted to myself. That's perfect! It's nearby and probably has low enough standards to employ a bored and broke teenager.

"I should probably go now." I sit up and walk to my room, slipping on my shoes. "Hm, should I tell my mom? Eh, she'll be fine. Probably asleep anyway." I convince myself and exit the house, making my way towards the local Fredbear's Family Diner. It took a good few minutes, considering I walked, but I eventually made it. My eyes immediately flicker up to the large sign above the restaurant, the name placed on it along with the two mascots. One of them was Fredbear, obviously, a golden bear with a microphone and the other was a Spring Bonnie, a golden bunny with a guitar.

I push the glass doors open and enter the lively restaurant, immediately noticing the stage with the animatronics on them. They definitely look creepier in person than they do on that sign. The smell of greasy pizza and mold reached my noise and I pursed my lips. Children covered the place, running around with their friends and screaming in joy. "Okay, how do I get a job here...?" I mumbled, looking around. I noticed a staff member standing next to the stage, probably trying to make sure nobody climbed onto it.

I perked up at that and made my way over to them. "Um- sir?" I called out to them and the boy turned his head to me. "Hm?" He hummed. "I was wondering how I could get a job here?" I explain, earning the boy to hum in thought. "I can bring you to Mr. Afton and you can talk to him about it," He told me and I nodded. The employee begins to make his way over to a separate hallway, me following close behind. Further down the hall was a line of doors, most of them reading 'Staff Only'. One particular door read 'Afton', so I assumed it was his office.

"He should be in there. Good luck!" The boy said before leaving, retreating down the hallway. "Thanks." I stare at the door, nervous. I took in a deep breath before letting it out, knocking on the door. After a few seconds, a deep voice called out. "Come in!" I hesitated, but turned the doorknob and pushed the door open, stopping when I looked up. Michael stood against the wall with an annoyed expression, two younger children standing next to him. An older male sat in the office chair behind a desk, so I assumed this was the Afton Family. Michael gave me a surprised look when I walked in.

"(Y/N)? Why are you here!?" He asked, crossing his arms. I blinked at him. "Um- getting a job?" I responded, my gaze flickering between him and his dad. "Oh, are you a friend of Michael's?" Mr. Afton questioned, tilting his head slightly. I looked back at said boy and he rolled his eyes at me. "I wouldn't really say friend..." I trail off. "Are you Mikey's girlfriend!?" I hear a high-pitched voice exclaim and a small bit of heat spreads across my cheeks. I look down at Michael's side and see a small girl with long orange hair and a bright red bow in her hair, her bright green eye's staring at me in excitement.