Chapter Five || Another Day

The loud sound of clattering echoed through the small diner as my body slammed against the tiled floor. The platter in my hands flung a few feet away from me, the food placed on it strewn across the floor. I looked up with a scowl on my face to see AJ looming over me. "Oh, I'm so sorry. Need help?" He mocked with a sinister smile on his face, sarcasm leaking from his voice. "Asshole," I growled at him, attempting to stand up before he shoved his foot against my shoulder, forcing me back to the ground like I had done to him.

"Karma's a bitch, huh?" He teased, smirking. "You're more of one," I shoot back, slamming my foot into his stomach. He stumbled back with his hand over the spot I kicked, clenching his jaw. "Ugh- bitch," He muttered as I pushed myself off the floor, dusting off my uniform. "Aww, don't talk about yourself like that." I teased, sending him a smirk. AJ stood up straight and began to stomp over to me before a woman stepped between the two of us, a stern look on her face.

The woman seemed to be an employee with her purple button up, paired with a pair of black shorts and fishnets, revealing her dark skin. She was very tall, around 6 feet, and had black fluffy shoulder length hair, half her head shaved. "The two of you care to explain what just happened?" A chill ran down my spin at the sound of her voice. It was deep, almost sounding like a grown man's voice, making her sound very intimidating. "Uh- um..." I stuttered out, shrinking under her gaze. Suddenly, another voice chimed in.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay!?" The voice belonged to Sev, causing me to let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, Sev! Hello," The woman greeted, her voice much lighter and feminine than it was a few seconds ago. A scoff was heard. "Technically she started this fight," AJ stated, pointing at me. I scowled at the boy. "How!? You tripped me!" The woman between us waved her hands, causing us to stop bickering. "You can talk about this in Mr. Afton's office. Hey, Sev. Could you please clean up this mess? Sorry, but I need to take these two to the boss," She said. I could faintly see a blush spread across the male's face before he nodded, causing the woman to smile. "Thanks!".

Children around us were 'ooing' and laughing, seeming to enjoy the current drama as the woman walked us to our boss' office. When we made it to the door, she knocked, earning a response from Mr. Afton before pushing the door open. The man seemed surprised to see three employees walk in, but he smiled. "Alana. What brings you here?" He questions, shifting his gaze between AJ and me. "Yeah, what brings you here?" Another voice chimes in, and I look over to see Michael. I make a face at him and grit my teeth.

"Why are you everywhere I am?" I groan and he chuckles, raising an eyebrow. "It's like my sixth sense," He shrugs. "I have a better question. What is he doing here with you?" Michael points to AJ and said boy smirks, tilting his head. "What? Not happy to see me?" He mocks. Michael leans against the wall with his arms crossed. "No, not really considering you punched one of my best friend's in the face and most likely did something to (Y/N) since you're in here." AJ's face drops, knowing his boss was listening.

Mr. Afton hummed, staring down AJ. "Speaking of that. Why are you here?" He questions. "These two got into a fight in the main area. From what I saw, AJ had (Y/N) pinned to the floor before she kicked him in the stomach," Alana explained, shrugging. "Oh really?" The man questioned and I spoke up. "Yeah, he also tripped me for no reason-" I was cut off by AJ. "I tripped you because you pushed me down at school!" I scowled at him. "Because you punched my cousin in the face!!" I retorted before the two of us were silenced by Mr. Afton clearing his throat.

"Thank you, Alana. Can I talk to these two alone for a minute?" The man asked, earning a nod from her before she left the room, leaving us alone with the man...excluding Michael and his siblings. A weight was suddenly thrown onto my leg and I looked down to see Michael's sister, hugging my leg with a large smile. "You're really pretty!" She exclaimed, causing me to smile and pat her head. The girl didn't seem to realize the situation I was currently in. "You're really pretty, too." The girl giggled at my words before wandering back over to her brothers.