Chapter Twenty Four || Scare

"Did I miss the memo or something?" I questioned, plopping into my seat at the lunch table, my bag slumping to the ground. Frederick, Simon, Mark, and Michael were all wearing their masks, the blackened eye holes staring at me as I spoke. Michael pulled the Foxy mask off his face, letting it rest on the top of his head as he leaned against the table, shrugging. "Nah, we just have a little plan in mind." He snickered, causing me to raise a brow.

"What's your plan?" I inquired, leaning against the table as well. He smirked. "Well, we're gonna go to my house after school and scare C.C with our masks. He thinks these things are scary for some reason," He tells me, tapping the plastic mask with a large grin. He suddenly lights up. "Wanna come along? You can grab your mask from your house on the way there!"

I press my lips into a thin line. "Your house is closer to the school than mine, though." I remind him. "Yeah, but it's only a block away from mine, so you could just go and get it." I let out a sigh, rubbing the skin underneath my eyes. "Why are we scaring your brother again?" I inquire, a little confused. I knew he was mad at C.C for what had happened with Elizabeth, but I didn't really think he would do anything.

Mark leaned forward. "Because he's apparently a crybaby. Not my words, his." My cousin pointed to Michael who shrugged. "He really is, though. He keeps whining about how scary the animatronics are when they really aren't. Besides, it'll be funny. It's just a little scare, he can handle it." The boy said, causing me to sigh. "Okay, sure. I guess it could be fun. And Marion has been locked in my closet for a while."

"Wow, how could you do that to our son, man. That's like domestic kidnapping or something," Simon said, a small grin on his face as he pulled the mask off his face. "Pfft- that's not domestic kidnapping, Simon. It's just kidnapping. Do you even know what domestic kidnapping means?" Fredrick butted in, causing Simon to avert his gaze. "Um...no? Look man, it just sounded better." Simon defended himself and Frederick laughed at his reasoning. "Dude, domestic kidnapping is when someone gets kidnapped by a family member."

I perked up, pointing finger guns at the two of them. "Simon's right! I am a family member! I'm Mark's cousin, so that makes me Marion's...um- Aunt...? I think." I explain, causing Simon to bonk Fredrick on the head, a smirk forming on his face. "See, Smart Ass." He nudges the boy, earning a scoff.

"Why are we arguing over the domestic kidnapping of our son who is a literal mask?" Mark questioned, squinting as he rested his chin against his palm. Simon and Fredrick seized their conversation, blinking at him. "How dare you refer to our son as a mask. He is much more than that. He is an independent individual." Michael joked, placing a hand against his chest to accentuate his point. I chuckled as the four of them bantered.

"You're such a deadbeat, Mark. Don't talk to me or my son ever again." The boy teased, scoffing. I giggled, nudging Mark. "Dude, don't take after my mother. We had a conversation about this." I joked and he playfully rolled his eyes. "Don't compare me to that woman." Michael began to chuckle, interlocking his fingers and resting his chin against them. "Imagine having a mother."

I slapped a hand over my mouth, stifling a laugh. "Not funny. That's not funny," I croaked out, attempting to push down a smile. "Nah, I'm hilarious." Michael responded, snickering. "Sure, whatever you say, British Boy."

--------------

My eyes fell onto the group sitting on the porch of Michael's house, their masks slid onto their faces. As I approached them, Simon shoved the snout of Michael's mask downwards, forcing his head to jolt forward. The mask slid halfway off his face, revealing one of his blue eyes. The boy quickly stood up, reaching for Simon's Chica mask. "Hey, losers!" I exclaim, causing them to stop and look over.

"Oh, hey, (Y/N)!" Michael greeted me, hopping off the porch and walking over to me. "Or should I say, Marion." He added, snickering. I scoffed, shaking my head. "Nah, that would make me your son and that's fucking weird." I said, causing him to chuckle, nodding. "Yeah, you're right. C'mon, C.C isn't going to scare himself." Michael remarked before taking my hand, leading me to the door. I interlock my fingers with his and he did the same, grinning.