Chapter Eight || Friends

The night breeze nipped against my skin as Michael and I walked along the street, nearing our houses. We recently said our goodbyes to the others and, since our houses were near each other, we began walking home together. The boy stopped in front of his house, but before I was able to say anything, he pulled something out of his pocket. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but I leaned down to see what it was, seeing the photos taken earlier.

"Wha- how? I thought Fredrick had these," I said, looking up at him. He sent me a smirk. "He did. But I took them when he wasn't paying attention." He shrugged. "You seemed uncomfortable with him having them, so I wanted to give them to you," He explained, smiling down at me. My eyes widened slightly. Was he...being genuinely nice? "Oh. Thank you," I responded, reaching for them. He pulled his hand away from me and smirked. "Ah, ah, ah. There's a catch," He added and I rolled my eyes. Of course there's a catch!

"I want one of the photos," He simply stated. My eyebrows furrowed again. "But...the photos are connected in a strip," I pointed out. He didn't falter. "I know! That's why I'm doing this," He responded. "Doing what-" I was cut off by the sound of ripping, noticing the boy ripping part of the photo off. "Michael!" I exclaimed, concerned that he may have damaged the pictures. The boy chuckled, pulling to parts away. "Don't worry. I only ripped the last photo off. Here," He said, handing me the two first photos on the strip. I examined them, stifling a laugh at how the second photo caught Fredrick mid fall.

"And I get to keep this! Honestly, I find this one funnier." Michael said, holding the photo in between two of his fingers. The photo showed all of our original poses, but Fredrick was blurred, looking like he was about to stand up and fight someone. Meanwhile, Mark had his hand covering his mouth, trying not to laugh. Simon still looked pissed and Michael had his arm resting against said boy's head, my body still halfway on his lap.

"Pfft- I guess you're right. Anyways, I'll see you at school tomorrow. Later, loser!" I snicker, stuffing the two photos in my pocket. "See you tomorrow, dumbass," Michael said, flicking my forehead before making his way up the driveway and into his home. I rolled my eyes before walking up the street and towards my house. I took the photo strip out of my pocket and looked down at it, a smile spreading across my face.

----------------

My tray of food slammed down on the table, startling Mark who was beside me. "Hello, losers." I greeted, lazily sitting down. "Hey, asshole." Was the response I received from Michael. "So, I fucking hate Mr. Mario." I stated, picking up a fry and sticking it in my mouth. I cringed, chewing the cold fry. Frederick chuckled. "Uh-huh. And why is that?" Simon questioned, stabbing his mashed potatoes with a spork. I smiled.

"I'm glad you asked. Well, first of all, that bitch doesn't know shit about teaching. Second, what asshole assigns two whole sheets of homework on a Monday!" I complained. "Furthermore, that clown definitely gets pegged by his wife." Mark chokes on his milk and begins to violently cough, causing me to pat his back. Michael seems to perk up at my words, seemingly remembering something.

"(Y/N)! I forgot to give you this in first period, but I have something for you!" He says, pulling his backpack up and zipping it open, digging through it. "Oh?" I respond, waiting for him to pull the thing out. Soon enough, he pulls out a white mask. The mask had a red clown nose along with matching red eyebrows. There was a small green and yellow striped party hat with orange lining attached to it, little white ears protruding from the sides. It was kinda cute.

"I found it in my father's workshop, so I thought you might want it. Since you did ask me for one the first time we met," He explained, extending his arm so I could take it. "Oh, thanks!" I say with a smile, taking it from him. I place it against my face with a smirk, strapping it to my head. The four others stared at me, studying the mask on my face. "Yeah, I know. I'm just so hot. Anyways-" I began, getting cut off by Michael.