XXIX

He didn't slow down like I expected him too. He holds my bottles of medication in one hand and my arm in the other as we barrel through the hallway. The only moment we took a break was to unlock his office, the key around his neck slipping into the lock easily.

My feet stumble over one another walking close to him, the chairs not helping as they get in the way. Raphael settles in his large leather seat, my butt being planted in his lap.

"I don't feel comfortable sitting here." My voice is quiet, as always, no confidence or power behind my sincere words.

"How so? I am your j'kani. I am the only one that can make you feel such..." He trails a finger down my neck, the sparks causing my eyes to flutter, "Exquisite feelings."

I try not to let it get to me, try to make it to where he doesn't have an affect on me, but as his hands move over my body forcing me to focus on the addictive energy over my skin... Well I can't seem to win. It's like a drug and I swear I have been laced with something to feel it.

"Please... may I sit somewhere else."

The dress rides up my thighs, myself barely covered on him. He trails a hand up my thigh onto the inner part of my leg his fingers massaging gently. If I allowed myself to enjoy this, I would lean into his touch, however I have to remind myself of the situation and what this handsome devil is trying to do. And what is that again, Sultana, do you remember?

He leans his head down kissing slowly done my collar bone. He nibbles at my skin, his tongue tracing over the light red skin. My breath gets stuck in the back of my throat, if only I could be strong enough.

"Sultana.." My name on his lips, that gives me a different feeling I hadn't experienced before, "You will sit with me until I finish this, and then we will go have dinner. I am sure you are tired, our times being un-aligned, so feel free to sleep."

I don't want to sleep, not even the slightest part of me wants to close my eyes. I watch him pull out documents and start to run through them, signing here and there. I don't argue with him either. In this new world the only person that has shown a slight care for my health is this man, even though it seems rather abrasive, its better that anything my father has done in recent life events.

"Do you not wish to sleep?" He mumbles to me while signing off on another document.

"Can't."

He lays the pen down to look at me, his red eyes full of an unidentifiable emotion, "You are to trust me."

"How can I trust someone I don't know?"

"I'm your j'kani."

I rub my hand down my face, some of the inpatient old Sultana Wild rising to the surface, "I don't fucking know what that means."

He raises his eyebrows a smirk coming over his features. I watch his tattoos flex when he goes to grab me me moving to to where I face him, my legs dangling over the sides of the chair, "There's some of my fire tongued woman that I wrote to."

Roll with it while you have it, "Fire tongue? No, more like scared and confused. I want to go home."

He chuckles, but it is humorless, "You want to go back to where you are beaten senseless and starved while striving for goals that have no guarantee of achievable? I can give you the worlds."

"I don't want the worlds, or even one world, I want peace. Endless dark peace."

Raphael digs his fingers into my hips, his eyes starting to glow brighter, "Do you speak of death?"

"It would fall into the category."

A deep growls comes from him, his hands moving to my back to push me into his front. His chest rises and falls quickly, my body still against him, "If you ever speak of death, or attempt, I will have you permanently chained to keep you with me."

"That's a fate comparable to hell."

"Then call me the devil, lovely."