XLIX

Hallie was long gone by the time the alarms sounded. People run through the room, grabbing any and all weapons they can get their hand on. Fear is evident on their faces, the burns on my legs long gone... just like my fear of these rebels. 

Myrina approaches me, her spit landing next to my leg, "How were you able to contact him? What sorcery is this?" Her screams are loud taking over the sound of the alarms easily, her anger like melting lava over her skin. 

"I did nothing. Hard to believe that you truly assumed he would stay away forever?" I cackle against the chains. She runs her eyes over me noticing the lack of whelps over my skin. 

"We have a traitor." She sneers. Her sai is beautiful as she grips it tightly between her fingers. I watch her knuckles become white, teeth almost cracking from from jaw clench. I shrug my shoulders while giving a small smile. Sultana, take yourself back. I remind myself of what I once was, the strong, independent woman. 

I used to have a fire hot tongue that ripped women to shreds, made men fall to their knees. And now, now that my demons have fallen the final pain of my life standing before me... I feel somewhat free. 

"And why would you say that?" I taunt her, tilting my head to the side like a child would a parent, "I mean, if your cause is so perfect why would anyone betray you?" 

Myrina snaps her eyes to mine. If she was medusa I would be solid stone, "I offered you the world, Sultana." 

"And what world would it be if I was meant to kneel only the smell of your overused pussy to keep me from falling asleep? Wouldn't be much of a life. At least the King offers me something you don't." 

She laughs throwing the blade forward where it presses against my neck. I feel the hot trail of my blood run down my neck. I only throw back a smile, she seems ready to roll my head off my shoulders, "Such a tongue you have, so different than the girl that needed saving all those weeks ago." I watch her hand shake against my neck, her hesitation breaking through, "But I'll bite, child, what does he offer you?" 

"A choice." I shove my neck further into the blade, the cold metal biting into my skin. I feel the lighthead-ness hit me, the blood pouring freely now, "Come on, Myrina, kill me. You should have let me die long ago and you know it." 

She stutters her response. I lift my chained hands to her handle gripping it tightly to keep it pressed against me, "Come on! Just fucking kill me!" Myrina's eyes start to cloud, tears forming on the rims. I follow suite, our emotions slamming together, "You know the one thing I've always wish for is death, why not grant me such pleasure?" 

"You aren't meant to die like this." She pulls the blade from me, fingers getting cut up from the exchange, "I'm not meant to kill you." 

"Such a heart." I spit at her feet, the bloods stained my shirt, arms covered in the deep red. Myrina traces the path down my arm glaring at the small pool hitting the floor, "But I'll die anyway unless you stitch me. I can already see the black." 

"I was only meant to scare you!" She drops to her knees, the sounds of metal on metal can be heard around us. Raphael brought more than just himself. Her hand lays over the cut, a thread being pulled from a satchel she has tightened around her waist. She grabs a needle as well stitching me quickly, "I never meant to kill you." 

Her tears are free flowing, her body shaking in fear. Her sai is laid next to me as she repairs the damage, "I am so sorry purple, I let my ambition take me over." 

She apologizes over and over again, I let it fall on deaf ears. I wrap my hand around the handle once more. Waiting for her to finish. She rolls back reaching for her blade, but I keep it back from her. I watch her eyes widen. The chains keep me in a controlled area, but her emotions are something to play off of, "Before you take this to kill him, may I have a hug?" 

My words are laced with sadness, a forced emotions that seeps through me like one would in a theater. She falls right into the trap wrapping her scarred arounds around me. I lay one hand on her back, the other taking the blade into position. She sobs into me, her body shaking so violently that I have trouble keeping still. 

I run my hand up into her hair gripping tightly to whisper into her ear, "You let you greed take over." I grip the sai turning it into her back then slamming it through her marked skin. She screams as the blade cuts through her heart, moving right under my chest as I cut through her. I feel a punctured lung, my breaths labored as I toss her off me. She falls back on the blade holding her hands around the intrusion, "And I am fucking tired of greedy people ruling my life. Enjoy Hell." 

She sputters up blood, the floor coating in our mixes of reds. I grip my ribs tightly crawling over to her. She grabs the keys from her band throwing them at my feet just in reach. Her voice is quiet as she stares off in the distance, "I love you, Sultana." The blood coughs stop her from finishing, but before the last bit of light leaves her she reaches out, "I'm glad you were-were the one."