XXX

The devil himself smirks, not an ounce of joking in his tone. No question of him tying me down to keep me near him. Oh.

"I can't be what you want."

He leans back in the chair allowing me to look back up at him, "You are made for me, and I you. As j'kani we are joined as one the moment I sensed you. One day you will understand and ask me to pleasure you in ways that only I desire as of right now."

"King-" I got to speak and step off of his lap. Thankfully he lets me leave to stand beside him at the desk.

"Raphael. To you, and you only, its Raphael." He files away the paperwork shoving it into a specific folder. I can't read the language, but it seemed like something he was trying to quickly get through.

"We aren't, I'm not..." My stutter returns, my before confidence dwindling down into nothing. The King moved to stand and I let him shoving myself against a wall.

"Let's get you food. I ordered the chef to make us a more earthly meal for your comfort. He called it chicken parmesan, and a few veggies."

This time he doesn't touch me and walks towards the door to let me out, I follow closely behind him my bare feet padding against the floor. We zip left and right, the carpet extremely soft melting through my toes. I wish I could get used to this.

A large dinning room comes into view, the one table double the size of my home and then some, "We will be dinning here. This is our less formal dinning space."

Less formal? That's absurd.

We walk around the space sitting down on one side together. Two plates of chicken dinner sitting in front of us, I grab the fork and knife next to me waiting for him to tell me its okay. He watches me intently, his silverware staying on the table.

"Am I doing something wrong, King?" I question him, he frowns towards me before picking up his utensils to start towards his food.

"You just have much to learn, firefly." He smiles at me, a confusing interaction in itself.

I make eye contact with the chicken. It looks amazing, the warm food calling to my stomach. Without the ability to purchase more than whip cream, this is almost like putting a diamond on my plate. Instead of looking a gift horse in the mouth, I start to dig in letting the deliciousness fill my senses.

"Are you going to tell me who hurt you and how you lived in such a deathtrap?" He starts to eat as soon as I take my first bite.

"And why would I share such information with you?"

"Because, firefly, I am am an impatient man and wish to remove their head from their shoulders, all the while earning the trust to pleasure you until all you think of is me between those beautiful legs."

His words stun me. I know he thinks such things, as the doctor implied heavily that my purpose is child bearing. However, to hear it from his own lips sends my body into a frenzy. I have to cross my legs to keep myself together, but the smirk across his face tells me enough.

"I can smell your desire, firefly. No need to hide it from me." He clears his throat, looking over my plate that I have only eaten a couple bites off of, "You need to eat, at least finish the chicken."

"Can I save it for later? I don't want to waste but I can't finish this."

"You either eat, or speak. Both of which are beneficial to me. Your choice." He slides his plate forward, an attendant running at his plate to take it from him. My heart stumbles for a second in realization that he speaks of such personal things in front of the staff. How is this normal?

"You are intolerable."

I feel his hand slip up my leg under the table, the fireworks zipping through my body. My physical body responds to him, shifting into his touch. Only to please him so he leaves me alone.

His eyebrows raise, hand moving higher. I let my cheeks turn red while I let it happen. The sooner he believes that I react to his touch the sooner I can play it against him. You lie to yourself.

The thoughts shove into the front of my mind, but I mentally file them back. I have to focus.

He wraps his calloused hand around my chair dragging it to him, my breath catching at the back of my throat. His head comes forward his entrancing gaze meeting mine; our lips stay millimeters apart breath mixing in air. He places both hands on the side of my face, a small smile present.

"Tell me now if you wish me to stop."

He gets closer, his lips gently settling against mine. Only a moment of touch between us but my heart beats out of my chest sending any logical thought I had out the window. The taste of him is delectable.

No, no. I can't let myself get caught up in him, in whatever this is. Myrina would be ashamed of me. I press my hands against his chest shoving at him. Raphael backs away drawing his hands closer to himself as well. 

"St-stop."

Raphael laughs getting out of the dinning chair to stare down at me, "One day, I promise you, you will beg for my touch." He lets a ghost knuckle travel over my jaw, "But for now lets get you settled. We have much to learn about one another."