XIII

Three days? My father's words from earlier this week resonate through my head reminding me what I should be worried about, and it's not the Tazi or the Blood Order.

"I can't." I whisper standing up so I can pace through her small living room while running my cold fingers through my hair.

"You can't be taken? Not that I am judging your tactics here, but I feel as though King Raphael will not care thatyou can't." She responds following me into standing. Her fingers clasp around my shoulders forcing me to look at her, "So what do you mean you can't?"

"I am to be married." I reply which causes Myrina to take a step back looking over me which a worried glance.

"Youare to be married. Honey, you barely look like you have eaten in weeks what makes you think that you can go off getting married?"

"Not my idea. Father's. Business."

"Your father is selling you off forbusiness." I can feel the steam coming off of her as she stomps around me into the kitchen yanking her fridge away from the wall. Coming back into the living room she holds two three-prong Sai while looking ready to kick ass. My eyes almost pop out of my head, but she quickly reassures me, "I received these when I helped Okinawa with a demon problem a long time ago. Let's go kill your father."

I run to her and grab the sais trying to calm her down, but she doesn't want to listen to me as she stops around gathering more and more weapons.

"MYRINA!" My voice carries through the room forcing the old woman to stop everything just to look at me as I let my chest rise and fall in anger. Everything around me seems to be getting smaller and the colors started to deplete from the room leaving a black and white space surrounding me. I haven't been this angry in years.

Myrina drops her gear and approaches me slowly with her hands raised trying to seem calm and collected, "Sultana why wouldn't you want your father dead after what he did to you?"

The old woman seems very confused on why I wouldn't just want to end him and string him up for the rest of his sinful life, but I don't have to explain my actions to anyone.

"I am not you Myrina, I didn't take down Egypt or fight demons in the Okinawa when they gave a slight inconvenience. I have laws or orders, whatever you call them, that prevent me from ripping him to shreds after he has broken me to a point where I barely remember what it is like to enjoy life. Stop acting like there is only one way to solve a problem! Murderisn't it Myrina." I feel heat emitting from me as I try to stay calm enough where I do not bite her head off, but angry enough to get my point across.

"There it is!" Myrina screams and throws her hands up the sais following her enthusiastic movements, "There you are, there you are. Use that! Use that anger that emotion to fight with me!" She walks up to me and gets in my face spitting.

"You are no one's bitch, you are no one's j'kani unless you want to be. You have to fight him, you have to fight your father, and I am sorry about that, but I can help you make your life to be what you want." She places the swords on the ground and then moves to hold my shoulders.

"Myrina..." I start to plead with her, I can't...

"Stop Sultana! You are more than a mate to a guy, more than a designated wife, you are so much more, and I need you to realize that. Before I tell you anymore about the world you have been forced into... you have to believe you can defeat it." Her powerful words move through me and I almost believed her, I almost wanted to grab one of the sais and take care of all my problems, but that isn't who I am.

"No, we are going to do this my way."

"Then lead me dear one. What is your way?"