LII

The doctor works to heal each part of my body, but gives face at the stitches, "I won't be able to remove these scars. They're too deep. I'm sorry Lady Sultana."

I cough once more, fighting off the dry throat that has been a constant issue, "It's fine. They blend in with the other scars."

The doctor doesn't respond to me just gives me a long look before stepping away to look at Raphael, "She needs food, water, and lots of rest. Our priority has to be getting her to a manageable weight."

The King nods walking over to wrap his arms underneath me. My body's still worn, energy depleting quickly. He carries me through the hallways taking his time with each step. It took us much longer than normal to reach a doorway, "I thought we were heading to your room?" 

"I have changed rooms. This one was designed for us. The other room is currently unlivable." Raphael doesn't elaborate. 

He kicks open the door to a gorgeous suite. A large bed sits on a platform much similar to before, but the bed is double the size. A larger table sits on one side, the bathroom just from the doorway seeming way over done. While it's a beautiful arrangement, it's too much for someone like me, "This is quite extravagant." 

A door I can't identify is against the far left wall. He sees my train of thought filling in the gaps, "That's the nursery." 

"Oh." 

"Let's get you into bed." He mumbles walking me over then setting me down gently into the soft covers. He tucks me in after checking over my bandages, "You take a nap. I'll be working in office. It's just through that door." 

I don't say anything in return, he walks over to the office settling himself in with the door wide open. I try to close my eyes and fall asleep, but the visions of dead bodies keep me from finding anything similar to rest, "Raphael?" I speak in my normal voice. His hearing is much better than mine by a long shot. 

He peaks his head out, a worried face meeting mine, "Yes, love?" 

"May I get sleep medication?" 

He sighs, "Of course, I'm sorry I didn't think of it." I watch him walk over to the bathroom. He messes with some containers before coming back out. His back is filled with stress as he fills a glass at the small kitchenette for me. Taking in his beauty while he walks towards me sends my mind into a fit of ideas. 

"How important is your work?" I shift upwards to take the meds, his hands assisting me. 

"Minor. I've handled everything else that needed to be done while you were resting." He chokes on the words. I can tell the pain it brings him to discuss such things. 

"Have you rested?" 

"I wasn't able to find much sleep." I take notice in the bags that drag underneath his eyes. The tired that fills his gaze and the slump his shoulders hold. Going to get sick worrying about me

"Why not join me for a nap? Then we can have some dinner together." He takes the empty glass from my hands, "I have night terrors. You being around me helps." 

The truth is finally free. The real way I feel about him. I already spilled my heart to him in that hospital ward, the drugs I was being fed allowing me to pour my heart out freely. Neither of us continued to speak on it after that moment, both too overwhelmed to broach the subject. I let my hand speak for me, reaching up to lay my palm over his cheek. I watch my male settle into my hand, eyes fluttering closed. My touch affects him as much as his affects me. Such a world to be a part of. 

"I don't want to overwhelm you." He whispers lifting his hand to cover mine keeping it pressed against his face. 

"I told you I love you, didn't I? Why wouldn't I want you to lay next to me?" I click my tongue at him. He chuckles a small amount. 

"I almost believed I dreamed it." A tear breaks from his closed eyes, "I never thought you would come to love me. Such a disaster I am. Not worry of anything." 

I start to rub my thumb back and forth across his face, right under his hand, "You are complicated. Not a disaster. It's alright. I still care very deeply for you as you have shown me what it's like to be provided for, and fought for. My feelings had already formed before they stole me, but knowing that I had the blessing of seeing you after Hallie helped me... it kept me from slitting my own throat." 

"I'll forever fight for you, Sultana. You're mine." His voice becomes the determined, strong man I'm used to. He shifts forward taking my lips with his. I crave to be closer digging my free hand through his hair. 

We break apart, our heart thrumming together and our breaths mixing, "Do you mean that?" 

"I'll swear on my crown. Anything you need to convince you that you have me, however you want me." The darkness he control emits from his skin. I feel the tendrils start to form against me as well, the different blacks mixing between us. The cracks of energy snap between our clouds. 

"This is like a really fucked up pinky promise." I grumble. 

"Pinky promise?" 

"Oh!" I stick out my pinky, and he follows. I wrap mine tightly around his, "This is a pinky promise. And if you break the promise, I get to break your pinky." I then pop out my thumb kissing the pad, Raphael laughs doing the same. I left my thumb up and over the still connected pinky's pressing it against his thumb, "And this is a seal. It's something my mom used to do when she promised with all the love she had in her." 

"You haven't spoken of your mom before." Our thumbs stay pressed against one other. 

"She died a few years ago. First year of high school. She was a scientist and one day someone forgot to turn off the hydrogen gas in her lab. Sent the whole thing into flames. Her body was a charred mess by the time they found her as she was making sure all the others made it out before she attempted." I keep my voice steady knowing that nothing will save her now, but the moments I had her were wonderful, "She always told me to do what I loved. And I did. My father didn't become abusive until I got dropped from the cheer team at University. Said I was embarrassment to the family name." 

"I know this won't help, but my parents are dead as well. My parents were in a non-magical parallel studying the new species. They were the prince and princess at the time, my grandparents still holding the crown. The Tazi didn't check who was in the building as they stormed. Killed everyone in sight, including my parents. They took over the planet soon after, and I became the crowned prince."

"Is that why?" I clear my dry throat, "Is that why you made the Blood Order?" 

"In the beginning, yes. I wanted the Tazi to kneel before me and pray that I spared their lives. Our crown was respected across the planets until I took over. I've killed many people to get to where I'm at. The council informed me of the best course of action, and I agreed. However, that included pulling the Tazi under my control instead of ripping their heads off. Myrina once sided with me and worked to create the new orders, but she soon realized I wasn't going to hold the Tazi customs she challenged me." 

He paused only for a moment before continuing, "I scarred her from her temple to her collar bone. When I went in for the kill, I held back. She was once considered a friend, and that led me to think irrationally. Within a year I sensed you on your parallel. Hope filled me at your discovery and Myrina learned of my connection to you. Jamal didn't exactly help. If I had killed her when I had the chance... you wouldn't have..." 

"Hey, hey, hey." I mumble to him, "You saved me. And that's what matters. Now come on. You need to sleep." 

"You still want me? After I've killed so many. After I took you and let you get harmed?" 

"Raphael, you have no idea how much I want you."