Bonus Scene I: When She Lost Her Life

Set Before The First Chapter

"Hey babe!" The star quarterback calls out to me while I fix my cheer skirt. The whole team just finished getting ready for the big game, tequila shots passed around to offer warmth during the chilly fall night. My boyfriend sticks his head into the girls locker room beckoning me from the crowd of cackling girls, and of course like a good girl I listen. My feet pad across the floor towards him, a nice smile comes across my well manicured features. As my fathers daughter, presentation is always a top priority, never a hair out of place. 

"Oh hey, honey. What's going on?" The masses of people here for the game cheer in the background. The dance team typically sneaks out for a pre-show warm up. I'd rather call it a pre-show flash but the men love it. It brings in sales and keeps the stadium maintained. He wraps his hand around my upper arm pulling me further onto the track, Jenny the new bitch stands on the side with a sneer. I give her a flutter of my fingertips for politeness, but she turns her chin the other way ignoring me completely. 

"Just wanted to tell you how beautiful you are." He pulls me into him wrapping his arms around me. I smile into his chest while he peppers kisses over the top of my head. I've never felt so loved, ick, "Love you, babe. Kick ass tonight." 

"You know I will. I'm not cheer captain for nothing!" I give him a chaste kiss rushing off to join my team that's working their way onto the field. Jenny's footsteps can be heard stomping behind me until she's by my side, "Oh... hey Jenny." 

"You two look cozy, Sully." She's the only one to call me that. Others have heard it and picked up one it, and it doesn't bother me too much. However I know the intentions behind the nickname. I try my best to put on a good show for her. Can't show her how she affects me. It's only fact that I'm better than her. 

"As he's my boyfriend, that would make sense." 

She clicks her tongue and pulls her phone from her bra. I should shun her for such, but I do the same thing. No need to be a hypocrite before a big game, "You sure he agrees with that?" Her phone is moved into my line of view, a photo of my boyfriend making out with her at the most recent party. I wasn't able to attend because of a finance exam, and now I'm regretting it. My fingers snatch the phone from her to zoom in on him. His face is hard to miss, there's no deny thing that she's almost in his skin at how close they are. Thank God. His dick is small anyways. Now we can just charade. 

This does, however, put a major dent into my dads plan. The quarterback is the son of a major company we'd like to merge with. Buy out is better terms, but my father would like to go the marriage route to make it the easiest transition. Our net worth is higher, so it would make the most sense we would take name from them, "That's so fucking photoshopped. Get this out of my face." 

"You really choose to be oblivious. It's disgusting watching you pretend to ignore the world around you for your fathers betterment." She spits. I roll my eyes taking the time to wave up at the bleachers towards my best friend, Vale. She's my number one. Her hand waves excitedly back, her screams of cheer breaking over the loudest of the fans, "Even pretending like Vale hasn't fucked your boyfriend. Puh-fucking-lease." 

"You seem to have a real itch to get into my business." I run my pointer down her nose, her head follows sending her chin into her chest, "I'd advise to step back." 

"Is that a threat?" 

"It's a promise Jen-bug. I don't tolerate people like you, always sniffing for trouble. You aren't worth the air." I force a false laugh through my teeth. This isn't the time for this. 

"You'll regret that, Sully. You have no idea who you just pissed off." 

The house maids wake me up with breakfast, my father calling out his good wishes before leaving down the hall. I give gracious smiles to all the help while they rush around the room to help me get ready. Our game last night went splendid, another win. With that we all squeezed into the local twenty-four hour diner and celebrated well into the morning. Too bad our games are Thursday nights, "Morning Ms. Wild. I have your clothes for the day ironed and ready."