XI

"Just because you say you don't need help... ," She lets her voice trail off a little and then continues, "I won't do anything because that's what you wish, but at the end of the day I have your back Sultana Wild." The old woman turns and walks away leaving me standing in the kitchen by myself.

I hear my front door open and close alerting me that she really left me alone in the house. I couldn't be angry with her, I pushed her away. Chills start to cover my body and I ground me teeth rubbing my arms against each other trying to avoid colliding with the cold metal of the spray can. Trying to decide if I am fucking crazy or just about to get hypothermia I look around trying to spot a blanket or even some place I could set a small fire at this point.

The feelings that had taken over my body in the dream courses through me once again... the heat... the passion. The can rings as it hits the floor, forcing me to look down at the stains that sit under my small feet. Nothing makes sense right now.

Is this what a mental breakdown feels like? Is this what losing it is like? My mind starts to melt as I think over the events of the past couple days nothing really adding up or even really staying in the same category of math. Raphael freaks me out, period. He has something to do with the crazy red eyes that Jamal and that doctor Dahn had, and maybe even Myrina had.

Jamal gave me the note meaning that he is connected to Raphael directly, maybe a second in command? While Myrina seems to know about Raphael and Jamal, she doesn't seem to know Raphael like someone as close as Jamal would. Now the doctor, she seems related to the both of them, Raphael and Myrina. For whatever reason something in me tells me there was a fight between the two, Myrina and Dahn, and Dahn picked the wrong side. Or the right side? Every time I start to think about this stuff I get knocked out by some unexplainable pain, so why, right now, when I don't actually want to know can I think through this.

The note... he wants me to read his new note.

The voice whispers in the back of my mind and I try to ignore it forcing myself to turn towards the bed room, but I barely made it to the edge of the bed before I was darting through the room and throwing myself against the kitchen counter. It was almost like in highschool when a cute boy texted me, I couldn't wait to read it.

Always running, aren't you? Can't seem to catch you even with my best two soldiers. You are making it to where I might have to come in and take you myself. I am getting impatient Sultana and you should not like it when I am getting impatient.

Best,

King Raphael.

My blood runs cold. Take me himself? Why does that sound like something I want to avoid at any cost.

Please stop this. I just want to be left alone. I am confused and have no idea what is going on. Please Raphael, caring for me would mean leaving me alone.

Sultana.

The ink stands bold on the page as I wait for his response. Would it really be that hard to just leave me alone and let me live my miserable life in peace?

Why do you test me so? I will see you soon firefly.

King Raphael

Nothing in my body wants to respond to him now, the energy and need from earlier has depleted from my body and left the shell of a human that no longer will be able to fall asleep.

I need... I want... I need help.