5.He likes her?

Ji-ah's POV:

Han seo-jun left a little while ago, and the bond he shares with my grandmother made me feel so jealous of him. I am supposed to have that relationship with her, not him. I didn't see my grandmother for years and there's this invisible distance between us that I felt today a lot!

When he was here and the way they acted around each other it felt like there was a huge gap between us  like Omma and seo-jun were on one side and I was on the opposite side with no bridge to cross that gap with. We share memories with each other but we were not there for each other in those moments.

I yanked my hair to stop sulking and focus on work but I just couldn't and Han seo-jun... he looked guilty when he found out about my relationship with omma if I wasn't who I am then he wouldn't have bothered.."jiah-ya!?" the door of my room opened and ommonie came in "What are you doing?" I got up from my desk to go sit with her on the bed "Why didn't you call me?  You Didn't have to climb up the stairs"

"I didn't know if you were still awake"
"Yes I was just sending emails to those shops where I distributed my cards earlier"

"Ji ah-ya are you mad at me?" She asked me, she looked as if she was scared of what I will say "I know you must be thinking that it should be you I should have been there for you but I was not" she caressed my cheeks but I couldn't say anything she was speaking the truth

"I feel sad, I wish I brought you here earlier, I shouldn't have let you go back when your parents split up, we could have played board games, you could have experienced all traditions and cultures mianhae..." her voice broke, so I hugged her with my own tears running down my cheeks

" Don't be sad! You asked me to call you Omma didn't you? That says alot. I'm happy now I'm so grateful to be here with you, we'll do everything together we're going to spend the rest of our lives together we have all the time in the world " I strengthened my hold around her.

I felt so disgusting for hurting her with my childish behavior. We pulled apart and she caressed my cheeks again with both of her hands, I held her hand in mine and leaned into her touch " Don't worry about your relationship with the Han family, they are really nice I like goo won-ah and I'll be close with han seo-jun as well. we just had a misunderstanding and I was mad at him but we'll sort it out" I reassured her.

"Han seojun told me what happened at school today it was a matter of his sister which made him compulsive and irrational, I know he feels ashamed of what he did " she tried to reason

'yeah only because your my halmeoni" I said not meeting her eyes

"Ani! -she shook her head in disagreement- he would have done the same even if you were not my granddaughter

" I highly doubt that and he still didn't apologize to me, he should have if he was so ashamed"

"He's a really nice and caring kid trust mehe's grown up before my eyes" she's trying to convince me but what I'd seen so far was completely opposite of what Omma was saying

"But he isn't like that at school, he has that bad guy reputation which he likes I might add"

"A year ago... He lost his best friend to suicide" SUICIDE hearing that word was enough for me to blindly believe whatever omma was telling me. Things such as suicide can change anybody. It can do anything... Anything.

The day we met for the first time it replayed in my head, how he had helped me, yes he wasn't polite about it but he did help me didn't he? The road was full of vehicles but nobody stepped out. Omma was right maybe I need to open up my heart a bit for him.

"He also needs someone you know, to lean on. Being the only son he can't throw a tantrum about how he feels in front of his mother, he had to be the Man of his household way before it was needed, try to be his friend ok?" I smiled and reassured her that I'll be civil with han seojun.