32. Bitter-Sweet

Dedicated to @SleepingBeauty77
Third Person's POV:

Kim Cho ring: "Yeah Han seojun!" His friend's booming voice caused Han seojun to look up at him, he was sitting on a bench in the school field, watching Ji-ah from afar.

Kim Cho ring: "What is all this nonsense? -he pointed to the Han seojun's photo on his shirt- I thought you liked  Hwang Ji-ah"
Han seojun: "I do like Ji-ah"
Kim Cho ring: "Then why did you have a romantic couple photoshoot with Lim Ju gyeoung?"
Han seojun sighed, his eyes still fixed on Ji-ah sitting with the other girls on a bench. "That was not a couple's photoshoot that was a gig we did together for money" he was getting irritated now
Kim Cho Rong: "I'm literally so confused. I need ice cream, my sugar level is going down, what's happening!?" He said yanking his hair in frustration.

So Han seojun explained everything to Kim Cho Rong how his fight with Lee su ho ended up with him kissing Ji- ah and how they blew up his budding romance by wearing those stupid shirts.

Han seojun: " Cho Rong-ah what do I do?" He asked him, looking at him like a lost kitten.
Kim Cho Rong: " So you kissed her out of anger... while crying... at a hospital" he dropped the can of soda out of shock or maybe horror.
Han seojun: "I didn't kiss her out of anger, I did it out of love" as soon as the words slipped his tongue Han seojun's eyes turned into saucers. He used the L word, it came out so naturally, did he love her? Maybe he did, but wasn't it too soon to jump on that?

Kim Cho Rong: "Anyways, now that the cat is already out of the bag, just keep pushing forward. Confess your feelings properly"
Han seojun: " And how do I do that?'
Kim Cho Rong: "Don't you watch dramas? Just do how they do it, rent an amusement park, make a helicopter fly over her with fireworks shooting in the sky..."
Han seojun cut in " I'm not rich"
Kim Cho Rong: " Yeah right... So let your face do all the work, fix your eyes with a longing gaze and say 'Be my girlfriend' I'm sure she can't say no to that"

Han seojun fixed his gaze on Kim Cho Rong and spoke in a severe and husky voice "Be my girlfriend"
Kim Cho Rong: "Omo! My heart skipped a beat!"
Han seojun placed his hands on Kim Cho Rong's shoulders and tried again "Will you be my girlfriend? Be my girlfriend! Be my girlfriend please!!" He shook his shoulders violently as he spoke.
Kim Cho Rong: " Stop! Don't do that my heart is skipping too many beats!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's how Han seojun ended up pulling Ji-ah into an empty classroom and successfully asking her out. Ji-ah reached for his face and pulled him in for a kiss, it was sweet and slow yet passionate and needy, she tasted sweet, Han seojun couldn't pinpoint what kind of sweet though. Maybe it was her own sweet taste, Han seojun's new favorite sweet from now on. After a minute or so they both pulled away gasping for air. Han seojun rested his forehead against hers, nuzzling her nose. Ji-ah's eyes were still closed, as she tried to catch her breath, her fingers gripping his blazer tightly. 

Her eyes fluttered open and they looked at each other intently, Ji-ah dropped her gaze from his face down to his blazer where she was gripping it, and started fumbling with the hem. "What's wrong?" he asked her and she exhaled an apologetic sigh "I'm sorry for acting out and avoiding you, that was... so childish of me, I should've listened to you, Please forgive me!" She said and Han seojun pulled her in for a hug, placing his chin on top of her head, "It's ok" he squeezed her shoulders, conveying reassurance. Ji-ah tightened her hold on him, relishing this moment, his strong presence when they heard muffled voices and footsteps closing in on them.

Someone was outside the classroom, and the voices were getting louder, Ji-ah looked at Han seojun with horror the door burst open revealing Su-ah and her boyfriend, and just like fight or flight instinct Ji-ah pushed Han seojun away, rather forcefully and he ended up on the floor, his hand hit the sharp corner of a dusty, broken table and he winced in pain. "What are you two doing here?" Su ah asked with curiosity "I... I was helping him out, Han seojun hurt his hand" Ji-ah stammered and then rushed to her boyfriend who was holding out his hand, sitting on the floor. She took a hold of his hand, it had a little gash and blood was oozing out of it. She gave him an apologetic look.