12. Friendship can't be forced

Third Person's POV:

It was the third and the last day of their field trip, all students were out of their tents and Mr. Han was talking about some kind of treasure hunt game, all students were protesting but when he told them about the winning price all students agreed on playing. Mr. Han asked them to split into teams and start looking for the clues, Ji-ah looked around for Han seojun , she saw him walking away, he was following Lim Ju gyeoung, she was soaking wet when she came back to the tent last night and therefore was not feeling well today. Ji ah tore her eyes away from them and joined the others for the hunt.

It's been a while since they have been wandering here and there in search of these stupid clues, since Lim ju gyeoung was not participating ji-ah joined Tae hoon , Su ah , Ahn hyung gyu for this treasure on Su-ah's request. They were walking in the fields when they heard some commotion, Ji-ah looked closer, it was Han seojun and Lee su ho they were practically at each other's throats, "Are they fighting?" Ahn hyung gyu said "We should stop them!" Ji-ah said but Su-ah stopped her "Ani! Let them be it's not their first time, you'll get hit by Han seojun" Ji-ah yanked her hand away from her grasp. Her comment about Han seojun aggravated Ji-ah, he would never hurt anyone on purpose or without any reason and she walked towards the two buys fighting like wild cats as she went closer she could hear what were they saying 

Lee su: "back off!"

Han seojun:" Why don't you back off?"

Lee su: "I liked her first"

Han seojun "Love is not first come first serve. It's ju gyeoung's feelings what matter"

Oh! So they are fighting over her, it's understandable, but the hatred they are radiating, How can two friends fight like that over a girl It doesn't make sense Ji-ah thought.

Lee su: "Why does it have to be her?"

Han seojun: "I don't know, I can't control it"

"Yah! Are you two crazy? Do you want to kill each other?" Ji-ah interrupted them, freeing Han seojun's collar from Lee su ho's grip, she pushed Lee su ho away and pulled Han seojun out of the scene, when they are away from Lee su ho's sight, Han seojun pulled his arm out of her grasp and fell on the ground, lying with his arms stretched apart, huffing and panting. 

They both were silent for a very long time, and neither of them said anything

They both were silent for a very long time, and neither of them said anything. Ji-ah sat down near him, she was thinking about Lee su ho when she pushed him away from Han seojun she peered into his eyes,  and he looked vulnerable like he was desperate to have Lim ju gyeoung as if his life depended on it. After another moment of silence, Ji-ah spoke up "How can someone hate his friend so much?"

Han seojun tilted his head to glare at her "He's not my friend, not anymore!"

"You are not just angry because of Lim ju gyeoung, this lethal hatred between you two, it's not just because of a girl, I can't believe it there has to be something else," Ji-ah asked him, but he just ignored her question, and kept breathing heavily. "Is it because of  Jong se yeon?" "Yah!?" Han seojun warned her, he got up from his position about to leave when Ji-ah took hold of his arm "You turned cold after his loss, -Halmeoni told her this when he accused her of bullying Han go woon- You can grief without hating Lee su, you two should be the closest you could ever be but you're doing the opposite" "Halmeoni needs to stop with this information exchange" he said in an extremely frustrated voice as he pulled his arm from her grip harshly and started walking away from her. He didn't deny what she said and it almost confirmed her suspicion that there was something out Jong Se yon that drifted these two friends apart. "Move on - her words made him stop in his track- Let go of her, you know exactly about her feelings, For once -she paused- do something for your own well being, think about yourself just for once" he turned around, his eyes so sharp, he could slice her heart just by staring at her that way, he stopped, his face dangerously close to hers and spat"I'm doing this for myself, going after the girl I like and I'm not backing off"  his voice dripping venom with each word. "Going after a girl who is not into you, is self-destruction, not self-love, I don't want you to get hurt, you can't keep pouring your love into a heart that is closed off to it. It will only leave you empty, You have to walk away " she couldn't complete her sentence as Han seojun pulled her towards him harshly, his grip on her arms felt painful "Just shut up! You don't have to pretend that you care just because Halmeoni asked you to do so. We are nothing but neighbors, You don't have to babysit me and act like we are friends, you know nothing " He hissed at her and pushed her away letting go of her arms, almost knocking her down on the ground, her hands went automatically to her arms, rubbing them to ease the pain, he was doing that again, dealing with the sorrow with anger "You're right - she spoke with a heavy voice trying to hold in the tears which were about to spill- I was being too nosy, We are nothing but neighbors, I was mistaken about being friends, I won't butt in your affairs Miannae!" with that she turned around and walked in the opposite direction away from him. Ha seojun cursed under his breath and kicked the ground in frustration as he saw her walking away, he was too harsh on her because deep down he knew that she was right.