55. Epilogue

A bit spicier than the previous ones

2 years and 6 months later...

Ji ah's POV:

I finished literally a minute before time was up, submitted the test, and exited the testing site, waiting for a rush of relief or excitement. But the rush never came. After so many months of studying along with a business and university, I was finished with the licensing exam that would determine the future of my career as an Art Therapist.
However I just felt...empty.

"I think I did okay," a woman near me said into her phone. I recognized her as another candidate hopeful from the testing site. She laughed at whatever the person on the other end said. "Stop...yes, of course. Dinner tonight. I love you."

In an alternate universe, I would be on the phone with Han seojun, making plans to celebrate. Something low-key, but knowing him, he'd turn it into a whole production since it's also my birthday tomorrow.

An at-home pizza night just you and me with a cliche movie. A proper birthday date the next day followed by a dinner with the family...

His husky voice turned into the ding of the elevator shattering the fantasy into a million jagged pieces.
I wasn't in Seojun's living room after a movie night; I was in the cold hallway of a building, my stomach cramping and my chest tight as I missed him.

I never spent a single birthday alone after landing in Korea and I never ever thought about the horrible birthdays I had spent before that. My family... My love they never gave me a reason to wallow.

But for the first time in years, I would be alone on my birthday.

Han seojun's on tour. It's been 6 months since his debut and his popularity has been off the charts from the beginning. His tour began 2 months ago. It's been 2 freaking months!!! the longest we've gone without seeing each other.

Of course, we Facetime every single day but nothing can beat the real feeling of being beside each other. Some stupid, naive part of me hoped he would magically show up and surprise me, but of course, he won't.

I had a close eye on his band's official Instagram handle and their personal accounts as well. They are busy with meet-ups, shoots, concert after concert and so much more. The stories this morning weren't any different either.

I left the center and stumbled toward the bus stop, Luckily, the bus arrived right as I reached there, so I didn't have to wait. I chose the last seat and curled up in the corner, My crazed reflection stared back at me from the opposite window-wild hair and red-rimmed eyes watched the stops pass by.

By the time I neared the streets, something stirred inside me and instead of going for my place I turned towards his.

Go woon had applied to a bunch of universities outside Seoul. For her entrance exam, Emmo and Omma decided to accompany her as they couldn't get over the fact that our little Go woon-ih wasn't little anymore.

I walked through the dark, silent home, my steps unnaturally loud against the hardwood floors.
All I wanted was to sleep the day away.

Turning the knob, I stepped into Seo jun's room only to be met with more emptiness. I opened his closet to grab one of his hoodies and climbed into his bed with it.

Hugging his hoodie close, a whiff of Seo jun's cologne embraced me. If I closed my eyes, I could almost pretend he was here, his face buried in my neck and his strong body cradling mine.

I closed my eyes, determined to drift into slumber but the shrill sound of my phone ringing caused me to sit up straight in an instant.

I quickly grabbed the phone, hoping for it to be him but that weird bubble in my chest popped at the name flashing on the screen. Sighing I swiped "Hey" "Hi! How did the exam go?" Kim Yuri my social media manager asked me.