Chapter 2: fuck the system

*𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐆*
The ringing sound of an wake-up bell could be heard everywhere in the west orphanage. The pitchy-sound making the kids open their eyes from their current sleep.
Children groaning every time the bells sings, but still getting up.

Tommy on the other hand was still laying in bed. He heard the bell, of course he did. How couldn't he when it is so goddamn loud?!

But he still chose to ignore it.

He was about to fall asleep again when someone startled him by poking in his closed eye. "what the hell?" Hissed Tommy out. "Uhm, hey? Well Mrs. Holly said you had to help the other kids make breakfast today.." said the kid quietly. Tommy groaned and shooed the kid away.

The boy tiredly sat up, rubbing his eyes till he could see better. Letting out a yawn.

Tommy then walked all way to the bathroom, (that in reality wasn't that far away as it might seem).

The orphan looked at the mirror in the bathroom. His usually golden hair now a bit more dirty, since he got home from one more of his 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴.

He decided that breakfast could wait cause he, obviously, is more important then cold porridge.

He tried to undo some knots form his hair with his hands before turning on the shower. Shifting the knob to the warm side.

The water from the shower strings burned unstoppable on his sore skin. He hissed at the water but after some time got used to it.

He took shampoo, then washed it all out. After that he took another hair thingy that stood next to the shampoo. Wanting to make sure his hair was absolute clean.

The water dripped to the floor as he started to get bored of the quietness. He wished he had music. Maybe some Queen songs or some Alec Benjamin.

He turned knob until the stream didn't exist anymore. The only thing to occupy him is the burning scars on his body.

Tommy got out and putted on some ripped, light blue jeans that has some black nets on the holes so it wouldn't make the scars 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 visible. He also had an dark blue hoodie with some colors spat around here and there on it.

The blond ruffled his hair with the towel to make it less dripping wet. Forgetting how he spent minutes un-doing the knots earlier.

After some minutes of shaking constantly, he got tired and stopped to look at himself one last time. He stroke his hand on the scars that where visible on his face and neck. Flinched at the memory of how he got them. The horrible slurs and words that was thrown as he got the scars, it still hunts him. To make himself stop thinking about it, He putted on some colorful bandaids on the scars as good as he was capable of.

He looked at his bag, it was old and had some tiny scratches and holes. His caretaker, Sam, had tried to stitch it up for him but it didn't work. The bag was surprisingly still able to hold his stuff even tho it had been roughly thrown around and used in around 8 years.

He grabbed the backpack and checked through it on last time.
Yep, it was still packed with his 2 sets of clothes, charger and his extra set of bandages.

Tommy letted out a sigh of relief as he took out his phone from under the pillow and putted it in the bag along with his stuff. Mentally preparing himself for what comes next.
-
Tommy was really tired of the yelling now. Mr. James had realized Tommy wasn't in the cafeteria and of pure rage walked up to the boy and started yelling at him. Tommy didn't move or speak, he knew better then to question the adults.

He was put out of his trace when Mr. James slapped him on the chin. A mark now forming where he got hit. Burning uncomfortably.
The adult looked down at Tommy as the blond let out a very manly squeak (out of fear).

James smiled. Why would he smile?! It's not funny. Tommy, out of control raised his voice, "Stop laughing! It—" Tommy putted his hands on his mouth, cutting himself off in the middle of the sentence.

He fucked up and he knew that but he couldn't help it, he saw how James face had changed from a smirk to a frown. He certainly didn't smile anymore.

James putted his fist up. Stroke at Tommy.
-
"GODDAMN JAMES" screamed Tommy as he punched the wall with his fist. He had a bruise on his fist too now.
The other bruise mark that was on his chin was well hidden behind another bandaid.

Tommy took his fist down, letting out a sob, but no tears fell. God was he tired right now.

"Hey Tommy, it is another adult here now. Make yourself useful and go with them and never come back." Mrs. Holly said as she walked pass Tommy's door. Was that supposed to be a threat or a weird way to wish luck? Either way he didn't care.

Well maybe he cared a little bit.

He cared a lot.

Panic rushed through his veins, his whole body getting tense at just the thoughts forming in his head.

An adult? Only and adult. Maybe an family? God he hope not. Tommy was scared of the thought of going to another home. He doesn't want to go. Not again. Why now? He just got back from one. Why can't he just stay here the last 4 years until he can grow out of the orphanage? Out of this goddamn system!

He letted out a shaky breath as he grabbed his backpack and walked down the corridor.

No kids was roaming in the corridors at the time. No gossiping or fighting. It was uncomfortable but still not at the same time.

It was just so quiet. To quiet.

Since when is this corridor so long? It wasn't this long before. Why am i panicking? Why can't I got back? I can go back! Wait no, i cant. I am already here.

He looked at the same old rusty brown door. 'C'mon Tommy stop being a pussy and just do it!"

Slowly, the blond put his hand on the door handle. It let out a squeak in response as he opened it.

"Ah hello Tommy!"

————————————-
𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐢 𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲. 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐟𝐟 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞.
𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡❤️
(first made: 25 april 2022 4:48PM
edited: 20 july 2022 5:19PM.)