1.

Chapter one | Roslyn

*Don't forget to comment and vote!*

It's been a little over a week since my senior year started. I've kind of liked it, actually it's been kind of boring since Goria moved and everything though. I really don't even talk to anyone in my school but sometimes I talk to Riley. He's pretty cool. We don't talk at school because "it makes him look bad" of course he doesn't want to be seen with a black bitch like me.

To be honest I've kind of started to like Riley more than a friend. The times when he texts me randomly. Tell me I am beautiful. Sometimes I wonder how his lips will feel on mine you know?

But I'm not the one who will get to experience that. It's always the "brunettes and blondes with blue or green eyes". But I'm just here with black hair and dark brown eyes. The smallest details I've started to notice in him are his eyes light up whenever someone mentions my name. His pearly white smile, his dimples, and his freckles. Sometimes I wonder why I always end up falling for the ones who don't want me.

***

Gloria

G - Heyy! I've missed you so much.

R - I've missed you too. It's been so boring having no one to talk to these pass two years!

G - I have some good news ! Dad got a higher paying job back in Panama !!

R - OMG REALLY!?!

G - Yes!! And I can come back to Bay High!!

R - OMG I CANT WAIT!

G - Me too we should be back in about a week or two! I'll see you then love you!!

R - Love you more!

***
6:08 am

I would be lying if I said I'm not excited to go to school and see Riley. Normally I'll skip a few classes but he's in all of mine. So of course I'm going to all of my classes.

Today I'm just gonna wear something comfortable since it's Tuesday. I'm thinking of the cropped white shirt with a red jacket with black leggings and jordan's and for my hair I'm just leaving it down with my curls.

***

After what felt like hours of looking for an outfit I'm finally doing my makeup. I'm not gonna do much, just a little concealer to cover my acne and mascara. Can't forget to add a little highlighter on the bridge if my nose and the corner of my eyes. Oh and my lip gloss.

I grab my backpack phone, charger, airpods, and car keys and head down stairs to see mom and dad are already gone to work. I just grab a granola bar before heading out and locking the door.

***
8:04 am

Surprisingly, I'm actually early for class this time. I walk through the halls to grab some books out of my locker before I bump into someone. I look up to see the one and only Riley.

"I am so sorry. I wasn't paying attention" I apologize

"You're alright. Hey I was actually wanting to talk to you. I'm sorry for always acting like I don't know you and when you talk to me in person. It's just that I know how my friends are and they will say something dumb." He says

"It's fine I understand I gotta get going." I say with a smile

After what I can say was a surprising act I finally got to math class which I hate. It's either the teacher is pissed or students having tough battles in the back of the class. But thankfully today wasn't one of those days. I made my way to the middle row and sat down and I started listening to Flowers by Lauren Spencer-Smith. Half way through the song I'm interrupted by someone tapping my shoulder. I turn around to see Riley.

"What do you want?" I ask

"I was wondering if you could maybe tutor me. The teachers told me to ask you. I know we've just started school but my grades are slipping. If I don't get them up I can't play football." He says

"Okay." I say

"Roslyn I'm really sorry can you just help me out?" He ask

"I'll think about it, Oakley." I say putting my airpods back in

***
12:47 pm

Thank the Lord it's my lunch period because the amount of sloppy make out sessions I've heard in my past four classes make me wanna kill myself.

I pay for my lunch and go sit at an empty table scrolling on Shein because why not. Then the devil himself came and had to ruin it. To be honest I'm trying my best to make myself not like Riley but that shit is hard.

"Hey." He says

"Hi." I say awkwardly

"So is it a yes or no?" He asks

"I guess I'll be nice and help you out. I only will for about I say I give you five weeks I'll help you a little during football season and after that you're on your own Oakley." I say

"Thank you so much I always knew I could count on you Roslyn." He says hugging me.

I pull away from the hug and smile. I would be lying if I said I didn't actually like being in his arms. It's like he's so gentle and calm. Much as Riley talks about things I don't see how his grades are dropping even been in school almost for two fucking weeks! I really hope he gets his damn shit together.

"Miss. Eden, we need you in the office." The assistant principal tells me

Okay so what the fuck have I done. To be honest I don't even know what I could have done if I've been on my phone all day or either listening to music.

Walking through the halls with the assistant principal was quite awkward he kept trying to make jokes like man what the fuck I'm trying to figure out what I've done I don't got time with your ass corny shit.

***
A/N

***A/N