Chapter 3: Axe Murderer

Doubt-Twenty One Pilots

Emilia:

"I'll take her," I heard someone say.

I looked up and I would've fallen over if I wasn't already sitting down.

This guy was fucking gorgeous.

"You'll take me?" I raised my eyebrows,
"Am I up for auction?"

He shrugged, "It seems like it."

Helena clapped her hands together, "Oh my god. I couldn't ask you to do that-."

"I'm offering," the guy interrupted, "I want to help."

Helena stared at him, "Are you sure? You'll have to give me your address, and I want her back here in the morning."

"Okay..." He rattled off his address to Helena but I wasn't paying attention.

I squinted at him, trying to figure out what he would be getting out of this. No reason that I could possibly think up would make any sense.

Helena turned away from him, and gazed at me with her motherly eyes.
"I'm Sorry, I don't want to dump you with a complete stranger but-."

"What if he's like an axe murderer or something?" I whispered, to her only.

"He can't be any worse than Marcus."

I scoffed, "What?! Yes he fucking could be!"

"Hush," she hissed, "Don't use that language with me. Let me and Frank talk to him, okay?"

"Fine." I bit out, looking past Helena and to the guy.

"I'm Zayn," he stuck his hand out towards Helena and me, "By the way."

Helena smiled warmly at him and shook his hand, "Very nice to meet you Zayn."

He reached towards me, but I just looked at him. I was totally not shaking his hand.
I looked away from him, staring at the ketchup bottle that was on the table, and he withdrew his hand.

Helena looked at him, "Now, I do have to ask why you're sitting by yourself in a diner so late at night..."

She trailed off, leading him away from me and towards the door of the kitchen where Frank was now standing. After a few minutes, Helena touched his shoulder and brought him back over to me.

"Zayn is going to take you back to his apartment." Helena put her hand on his shoulder again.

"I'm coming back in the morning right? What if he tries to kill me before then, hm?" I glared at Zayn. Surveying him, and then regretting it because all it did was make me more aware of how good he looked.

Zayn smiled, flashing some incredibly white teeth.

"I'm not going to kill you," he paused, grinning at Helen, "Come on, let's get going so you can get some rest."