Chapter 5: Saint Zayn

Revival-Selena Gomez

Emilia:

Whenever I woke up, I was still on the couch, but my face was pressed on Zayn's chest. I blinked a few times, trying to clear my head, then my eyes widened. I sat up, pressing on his chest and then jumped up off of the couch.

"Christ!" Zayn pushed himself up onto his elbows, "What's wrong?"

I tried to ignored how he looked. But instead of answering his question, I just kept staring. His t-shirt was pushed up, revealing the tan skin of his stomach.

Well...not a normal stomach...more like a rock hard slab of marble.

"Hello? Can you stop staring at my abs and answer my question?" Zayn snapped his fingers and waved his hand, "Emilia!"

"What?" I snapped, "It's not my fault your shirt's halfway up! Pull it down!"

"Fine," he stood up then, yanking his shirt down to cover his stomach, "Now I'm going to ask you again, what's wrong?"

"Why did you let me sleep on the couch? And why didn't you go to your room! We're strangers! I'm not dying with the need to be sprawled out on your chest!"

He laughed, "If I would've carried you to the room, you would've been pissed about the fact that I even touched you."

"Then you go to the room them, not me!"

"Forget it!" Zayn snapped, a frown now on his face. He rubbed his hands over his eyes and scratched under his jaw. He started saying something else, waving his hands around emphatically but I wasn't listening. I was busy focusing on the sound his nails made against the scruff on his jaw.

"Emilia." Zayn said and my eyes snapped to his.

I was starting to get kind of obsessed with the way he said my name.

Just a little.

"What?" I shook my head, trying to focus on something other than his facial hair.

"I said, let's just forget it and go back to the diner so you can see Helena."

"Oh, alright," I forgot she had said she wanted me back there this morning. I looked down at myself.

"I don't have anything else, and my jeans definitely wouldn't fit you," he shrugged. Ugh. His shoulders were so broad...it took me a few seconds to focus on my response.

"Um, sweatpants?"

"Oh, right. Good idea."

He walked down the hallway towards his room and disappeared for a few minutes before returning with a pair of gray sweatpants.

He handed them to me and then smiled, "You're going to have to roll those up like a million times."

"Thanks."

"There's going to be a lot of extra space in the crotch region. I know." He smirked, flashing those perfect teeth at me again. I barely knew him but I was already thinking about how sexy he was.

Emilia, chill. What is wrong with you?

"Shut. Up," I said harshly, but a smile fought to appear on my face, "There's a lot of extra space in that region that I'm sure you don't fill out either."

~**~

Zayn:

I had to admit, watching Em walk into the diner with my clothes on sparked some forbidden thoughts in my mind.