Chapter 6: Friends

All My Friends-Snakehips

Zayn:

I was fucking exhausted. Emilia and I had stayed up until about 1 am talking to James and Helena. James had brought drinks for Emilia and him. By the end of their visit, Emilia had gotten relatively tipsy. They finally left about fifteen minutes ago and I had spent those fifteen minutes in the shower thinking about the girl in my living room. Emilia had showered earlier and when she had been in there I had paced back and forth in my kitchen.

What the hell was I getting myself into? Then I cursed myself for thinking that, because I knew that I was perfectly capable of kicking Marcus's ass if he ever tried to hurt Emilia again. I barely knew the girl but what he did to her was fucked up.

I walked into my room in just a towel, searching for a shirt and some shorts. I found them, yanked them on and then walked out into the hallway.

"Em?" I called out, then chuckled to myself, "Emmmmmyyyy."

"Shut. Up." Emilia poked her head around the corner. The bruises on her face had faded a little bit today. I was relieved, she was definitely perkier today, maybe she wasn't in as much pain as before.

"Since you want to give me nicknames..." she trailed off as I walked towards her, she backed out into the living room again and looked at the TV, "And since I'm watching Batman vs. Superman, I'm going to nickname you Zen."

"Zen?" Was she serious? "Why?"

"Um, duh. Because you are so incredibly relaxing to be around." I narrowed my eyes at her, she was definitely fucking with me.

"I'm pretty sure you know that I'm not."

"Hmm..." she rolled her eyes, and I could've attacked her right there. The change in her attitude was having an affect on me, I just wanted to kiss her so she'd shut up about calling me Zen.

She was still wearing my t-shirt and pants, and she looked amazing. I had to calm myself down, I said we were going to be friends, and I would keep that promise even if I had to take ice-cold showers for the remainder of her time here. James had asked earlier if I was okay with her staying with me until he found a place for the both of them. After I had agreed, Emilia had jumped in and said she only wanted to stay for as long as I wanted her. Then she starting spouting some bullshit about how she didn't want to impose. James told her to shut up and she had blushed and apologized for rambling.

I thought her rambling was adorable.

"3 months." James had said and I'd nodded, entirely prepared to give Emmy even more than that.

I wanted to know everything about her. Everything that James knew. I wanted to be her friend so badly, but I knew if I bombarded her with questions she would just go ape shit on me like she had earlier.

"Why are you watching Batman vs. Superman?" I shook my head, forgetting those thoughts and walking over to her.

"Two words," she looked at me, sighed, and then stared dreamily at the flat screen, "Jesse Eisenberg."

I groaned and tilted my head back, "Oh, fucking hell."

"What? He's sexy as hell."

"Oh, yeah?"

She gave me a weird look, "Um, yeah."

I snatched the remote out of her hands and switched the channel. She reached for the remote but I held it behind my back and moved away from her.

"You're such a baby."

"You're such a baby who?"  I think she finally understood what I was getting at, because her eyes widened and she gave a shy smile. But something told me she really wanted to smirk, she was being coy.