Chapter 15: Gerald

Emilia:

We didn't get a chance to do anything other than eat breakfast and watch one episode of Bob's Burger's, because there was a knock on the door at about 1 o'clock.

Zayn got up from the couch and walked towards the door, "He's early."

"He's probably worried." I followed Zayn and stood behind him as he opened the door.

As soon as the door open, Gerald stepped inside the apartment without one word to Zayn and started towards me. It had been months since I saw him, I almost forgot how tall he really was. His brown hair was slicked back today, not a strand out of place, I knew that would change as soon as he went to a party. He'd always been a little wild.

"Emmy," his arms wrapped around me, pulling me off of the ground. It had to be a solid five minutes before he put me back down on the ground, but he still didn't let me go.

"Hi, G." I said, my voice sheepish now. What if he was angry with me?

"Wipe that look off of your face." He pushed my hair back off of my face, "I'm not mad. You scared the shit out of me, what the fuck happened?"

"I-," I gulped, "Marcus was just insane. A few days ago he was on top of me, and I just cut him then ran off. He tried to-."

"Stop right there," he wasn't mad before, but he was now. G finally chose to acknowledge Zayn's presence. He walked over to him and I was surprised at how much G seemed to tower over Zayn.   Maybe I was just insanely short, everyone was tall to me.

"Nice to meet you, man." Gerald shook Zayn's hand, "How did you find her?"

"G." I stepped forward, knowing that he was going to grill Zayn with questions.

"At the diner," Zayn looked at me as he talked, "Helena was taking care of her, but told her that she couldn't stay with them."

G gave me a weird look, "Why the hell did she say that?"

"Calm down," I grabbed G's arm, "They had the grandkids, and I looked like I was working at a haunted house. We didn't want to scare them."

"Who gives a fuck about that?" He snapped, "They just handed you off to a stranger!"

"She talked to him about it," I shrugged, "And he's been nice so far, G-."

G groaned, "Oh my god, okay, forget it. Why didn't you call me?"

"I didn't have my phone, and I only just got my new one. I didn't have your number memorized."

"For fucks' sake, whatever. It doesn't matter, you're coming to live with me."

"The hell she is." Zayn stepped forward, crossing his arms.

G glared at him, "Who are you to decide that? I've been her best friend for years. Now that she's finally away from that psycho, she's going to stay with me."

"No I'm not." I snapped. "I'm sorry, G. I love you but I want to stay here. Zayn is my friend."

"He's trying to fuck you, isn't he? Emmy, you don't even know him! He's just using you!"

"No, you don't know him." My fists clenched, "I want to get to know him more. I'm staying with him, that's final. Program your number into my phone and I'll call you, everyday if it makes you feel better."

G snatched the phone out of my hands, "It would." He entered his number, making a new contact, then handed the phone back to me.

"Okay, I'll call you tomorrow, G." I smiled, shrugging, "Maybe we can hang out after I'm done at work."