Chapter 11: Date Night

Emilia:

The rest of the day, Zayn stayed in his room and I just watched TV in the living room. He'd been holed up in there since leaving me in the kitchen. I was restless, it was still early in the evening and I was sick of being cooped up in this apartment. I was in the middle of laughing at something Louise Belcher said whenever my phone buzzed.

Nilly: Hey I'm going out to Lavo tonight, wanna come?

Me: Yes! Oh my god, please! I've always wanted to go there

Me: I don't have a dress though

Nilly: Not a problem. I'll come get you now & we'll go look for one

Me: Ok. See you soon

"Zayn! Get out here now!" I shouted and grinned when I heard the door open. He came rushing around the corner, only wearing a pair of shorts and frowned when he saw me just sitting there.

"I thought-," he huffed, "I thought this was an emergency."

"No, I just wanted to tell you that I'm going out."

"What?" He stepped towards me, "Why? No you're not."

"Excuse me? I wasn't asking for your permission, Zayn." I rolled my eyes, "I'm going to Lavo with Niall."

"Okay, fine. Let me get dressed." He turned to go towards the hallway, but I grabbed his arm.

"Who said you were coming?"

He got in my face, "I did, sweetheart."

I ignored the butterflies in my stomach. "No, you're not."

There was a knock at the door and I practically ran through the hallway. I flew open the door and grinned at Niall.

"Hey," he stepped inside, "Ready? I was thinking we could just go to-."

"Niall." Zayn's deep voice called out, opened the door further and glared at Niall.

"What?" Niall flung his arm around my shoulders, "Come on, let me take her out. She needs to pop her nightclub cherry."

I cringed, "Ew. Niall, don't say it like that."

Zayn rolled his eyes, "You got her?"

"Yes. I swear." Niall grabbed my hand, "She's perfectly safe."

"Right..." Zayn drawled, then turned to me, "If you need me to come get you, call me. Come home-."

"You're not my actual Dad." I said in the bitchiest way I could manage, "I'll come back whenever I want to come back."

He opened his mouth to respond, his eyes narrowing, but Niall pulled me outside before he could speak.

*~~*

Niall held up a black dress, "This one?"

"No, I told you, I want something red." I groaned, moving to another clothing rack.

Niall put the dress back and followed me, "I feel like Nordstrom doesn't have red dresses, Lia."

"Bullshit, you just want me to wear black so we can match."

"What's wrong with that, baby?" He smirked, playing with my hair. I swear, every time he talked I almost fainted, his Irish accent was so fucking cute.

"Quit that. Focus." I smacked his hand away from my head and walked toward a flash of red material. I pulled the dress off of the rack and grinned.

I waved the dress in Niall's face, "See? Red. Oh shit..." I trailed off when I saw the price tag.

"What is it? It looks perfect." Niall moved closer to me.