Chapter 17

......What about Shen Tuchuan? She had been buying vegetables for ten years. He should have graduated from university a few years ago. When she thought of him waiting for her alone at home on his birthday, Ji Ting felt sad.

She could not wait anymore. She ran into the community, picked up her basket, and ran upstairs. She ran to the fourth floor in one breath, and stopped, suddenly becoming nervous in front of her door.

What would she see inside? The already grown up Shen Tuchuan? Would she see his wife and children or was it going to be completely empty. No, it didn't matter what was inside, she was still in this world, meaning the mission was not complete yet.

There was only one reason why the mission failed. Shen Tuchuan did not live happily these years...... Would he remember her? After all, the time she disappeared was too coincidental. After agreeing to be with him, would he feel that she had run away on purpose?

Ji Ting took a deep breath and tried to calm down her thumping heart. Then she pulled out the key from her pocket and saw that the key was rusty. She froze, then she looked at everything on her body.

90% of the formerly new clothes she was wearing had faded, some places were so worn down that it looked like a poke would be enough to tear a new hole. The fresh vegetables and fruits in the vegetable basket had completely disappeared. Only the vegetable basket was still there, but it had also become worn out. Ji Ting blanked out for a moment, and then immediately took out her phone. The phone which had been fully charged had a black screen and wasn't booting up.

She stayed in place for a long time, and finally realised that besides herself, the things she had did not resist the time skip.

She stood there for a while, a strange emotion bubbling in her mind, then used the key to unlock the lock. However, the original lock and key could not be combined together.

Is it because the key is rusty? Ji Ting glanced at the key and immediately ditched that idea. Even if the key had rusted a bit, it would not affect the use, meaning the lock had changed.

......Did Shen Tuchuan change it?

Ji Ting bit her lip, put the key back in her pocket, and finally decided to knock on the door after an internal debate. She was going to see Shen Tuchuan anyways, in order to determine the reason for his unhappiness now, and to continue carrying out her mission.

As long as he didn't resent her too much, she wouldn't dare to ask for anything else.

Dong dong dong.

The sound of her knocking echoed in the corridor. No one answered. Ji Ting continued knocking. A rude male voice soon came out of the house: "Who the fuck is knocking so damn early in the morning?

......How did Shen Tuchuan become so rough? Ji Ting's expression stiffened, and the door opened before she had time to speak. A burly-looking man opened the door cursingly. After seeing a little girl, he froze for a moment and toned down his voice, "Who are you looking for?"

Seeing the appearance of the person in front of her, Ji Ting was certain that it wasn't him. Let alone ten years, even in twenty years, Shen Tuchuan could not change from double eyelids to single eyelids, and she was instantly relieved.

"I am looking for Shen Tuchuan." Ji Ting obediently responded, trying to make her eyes look harmless.

The big man frowned: "The name sounds familiar, but there's no one here with that name."

Ji Ting froze: "No, that can't be right, he should be living here." She paused, "He might be the landlord, can you help me find him?"

"There's really no such person here," The big man had pretty good patience with the beautiful girl. "Besides, I bought this house, not rented it, and the previous owner wasn't called Shen Tuchuan. Maybe you're at the wrong address?"