Chapter 20.3

The next day a noise outside her room woke her up. Ji Ting drowsily got up and walked out. After crossing the long corridor, she saw Shen Tuchuan come down with a bag slung over his back. Instantly the two stopped at the same time.

After seeing her, Shen Tuchuan paused for a moment, and then his eyes fell on her bare feet. He immediately put down the bag and strode towards Ji Ting, giving her the feeling as if she had done something wrong and he was going to punish her.

Seeing the dangerous look he was giving, Ji Ting instinctively took a step back and was about to say something, but she was instead hugged and then carried by him.

She exclaimed: "What are you doing?"

"Aren't you afraid of getting sick?" Shen Tuchuan's expression was faint, and after a while a helpless smile appeared on his face. "Can you be more careful, if you get sick, wouldn't it be troubling for me."

Ji Ting looked at him stunned. Because she looked at his expression at such a close range, she clearly saw him change from indifference to gentleness, as if a person with no facial features was wearing a mask, and it looked like a normal person's.

Shen Tuchuan carried her to the sofa in her room and saw her dumbfounded expression: "Did I scare you?"

"No, no, I know you are doing it for my good," Ji Ting's expression normalized and showed a decent smile. "I just heard the sound outside, so I went out to see it, but my drowsiness confused me and I forgot to wear shoes." Ji Ting tilted her head curiously, "What were you carrying?"

"It's all things that I don't need. I've been cleaning up recently. I'm going to take it out today and dispose of it." Shen Tuchuan explained patiently.

Ji Ting's eyes lit up: "Can I come with you?"

"No, I will be going to the company after throwing out the garbage. I may not be able to take you." Shen Tuchuan refused with a mild voice.

Ji Ting's shoulders drooped: "Okay then, be careful on your way."

"En." Shen Tuchuan smiled and left.

As soon as he left the room, the smile on Ji Ting's face disappeared. She remembered that his expression felt wrong for a moment, and her feeling that something was amiss grew.

Since she had skipped over the ten years of time, she felt a sense of wrongness filling her life. Although everything went smoothly and normally, she always felt that something was wrong.

Ji Ting was paralyzed on the sofa, thinking for a long time without a clue, and decided to stop thinking about it. After crossing the timeline, she had become too lazy to think. After all, in her view, the reason why the task had been unsuccessful until now was because Shen Tuchuan's life was really boring. She only needed to enrich his life as much as possible until he didn't feel bored anymore, then the task will succeed.

As for all the other stuff, there was no need to go check it so thoroughly.

Ji Ting sighed and took a look at the magazine. Her cell phone had been broken ever since the timeskip. Shen Tuchuan didn't say he was going to buy one for her, and she was too embarrassed to ask. In addition to playing games and watching movies, she only had reading as an entertainment activity.

Even though she didn't realise it herself, she had already been imprisoned in this luxurious villa like a golden bird in a cage.

- - -

For the first time in the many days of her stay at the villa, she was not accompanied by Shen Tuchuan. After reading for a while, she felt bored. She simply put the book down and wandered around. When she went to Shen Tuchuan's room, she saw a tea cup on his table and suddenly became interested in making tea, so she ran to find the tools.