Chapter 27.3

When she put the ingredients in the refrigerator, it was already 4 or 5 PM. She found an unnecessary cloth sheet and spread it in the yard, then put her quilt on it to dry.

The quilt was placed in a pile of weeds and it seemed a little comfortable. Ji Ting couldn't hold back. She took off her shoes and lay on it, then rolled around a bit. After enjoying the fun, she felt better.

Shen Tuchuan stood quietly at the window on the second floor, looking at the stupid woman downstairs, wondering why he would tolerate her staying here until now.

He watched her for a bit, and the longer he watched her the more he thought that she was stupid. He turned around and returned to the sofa to continue reading, no longer caring about her.

Not knowing that her IQ was being looked down upon, Ji Ting laid down in the yard and fell asleep. She slept for a long time before returning to the house and simply cleaned up the room where she stayed.

Then it was night again, and Ji Ting went to the kitchen for dinner. Unsurprisingly, she saw that she had two stinky buns again. In the face of the provocative eyes of those in the kitchen, she went back calmly carrying the lunch box.

Shen Tuchuan looked awkward, and after seeing the meal, he was disgusted and said, "Not hungry, take it away."

His voice was weak, and listening to it, it definitely was not the same as it had been in the morning. She hurried over to feel his forehead. Shen Tuchuan paused and knocked her over indifferently.

Ji Ting didn't mind, but just said softly, "Master, you seem to have a slight fever again. Eat something, take your medicine, and then go to bed to rest."

"Not eating." Shen Tuchuan saw the greasy pork belly on the table and his stomach felt nauseous.

Ji Ting saw his gaze and understood. Originally when one was sick they would have little appetite. This was both fried and with rice, just looking at it one could tell that it was not easy to swallow.

"If you take medicine directly without eating, your stomach will probably be uncomfortable. Wait for me, I'll be back soon." Ji Ting took rice and went downstairs.

Shen Tuchuan glanced at the direction she left, then back into the dining box. There were still two buns inside, and it seemed as if they had been left over from multiple nights before.

Ji Ting ran to the small kitchen on the first floor with the rice. She washed a pot, poured rice into the pot with a bowl of water, then simmered on the fire. She took some shrimp, eggs, and shallots from the ingredients she had bought today. Then she chopped them and added them to the pot. She let it stew for ten minutes and then added some salt and seasoning. She held it with a towel and went upstairs.

Before she reached upstairs, Shen Tuchuan had already smelt the fresh fragrance of the congee. He had originally planned to go back and rest but stopped and returned to the table without any expression.

Ji Ting brought the congee in front of him and looked at him expectantly, "Master, this should be easier to swallow. You should drink some. Then take your medicine and sleep."

"Where did you get these things?" Shen Tuchuan scrutinized her, doubting the origin of her ingredients.

Ji Ting quickly explained, "I really didn't steal it. I bought it online and got it delivered to me through the back door."

"Why did you buy these?" Shen Tuchuan tried a bite of congee. It tasted better than expected. A slightly hot feeling spread from his throat to his stomach and his whole body relaxed a lot.

Ji Ting originally wanted to directly tell him that she was being bullied, but after thinking about how this person was already being treated very badly, giving him more stress would increase his depression, making her job even harder. Besides, even if he knew he wouldn't necessarily be able to help her.