Chapter 26.3

After transmigrating into another world, her mind was full of the mission. Her sleep was not smooth and she woke up just as soon as the light dawned. She sat on the bed in a daze for a while and went upstairs after washing up only to find Shen Tuchuan still asleep. She went over and put her hand on his forehead.

En, his temperature was already normal.

Ji Ting breathed a sigh of relief and was just about to take her hand away when she was faced with a pair of cold eyes. She calmly pulled her hand back and smiled, "Master, you woke up."

Shen Tuchuan stared at her indifferently.

Ji Ting was a little overwhelmed by him. Her eyes flickered to the cake on the table. She quickly brought the cake over, "Your birthday was yesterday so I brought you a cake from the banquet to wish you a happy birthday." No one would hit a smiling face, and she was being considerate, he wouldn't pick at her, right?

Shen Tuchuan's eyes fell on her fair face and stared at the cake for a moment. Then he sat up and took it from her. Ji Ting was relieved, and just as she was about to start speaking, she saw him curl his finger at her.

Ji Ting moved forward in confusion and saw his finger was still moving, so she bent down again. Just as she was about to ask what his orders were, a piece of cake stuck on her face

"......" After freezing in surprise for a moment, Ji Ting smiled with the cake still on her face and asked, "Is there something I did that offended you?"

A trace of mockery flashed in Shen Tuchuan's eyes, "Calling me son? Are you tired of living?"

"......" Can someone tell her why a person who had a high fever and was in a coma would remember what she said casually yesterday?

The air tensed for a moment, and Ji Ting said daringly, "Master, you remembered it wrong, how could I dare call you that?"

"Did you think I wouldn't hear?" Shen Tuchuan's face was cold.

Ji Ting bit her lip and bowed her head in guilt for a while, "I'm sorry...... you grabbed me and shouted for the lady, and I thought you missed your mother. I just wanted to coax you like the neighbor's children......"

He didn't respond and instead a pillow hit her. She instinctively wanted to dodge, but fell down instead. Fortunately, he was weak and had no strength, so it didn't hurt at all.

Just throwing a pillow took most of Shen Tuchuan's energy. He gasped and looked at Ji Ting, his voice overflowed with hatred, "You don't deserve to mention her."

This person's violent habits were really a headache. Ji Ting nodded, "Master, you should have breakfast, I'll get you some."

She picked up the pillow, thought about it, and went back to the bedside again. Under the pressure of his murderous gaze, she took advantage of his momentary lapse in attention to lift his head and stuff the pillow behind his neck and then run.

Shen Tuchuan didn't expect that even though she had been beaten, she still dared to come over and put a pillow under his head, so he was stunned for a moment. When he reacted, she had run away like a rabbit

When Ji Ting went downstairs, she ran too quickly and almost tripped over the mess. She frowned at those things but didn't do much about it, instead heading out to the kitchen.

Shen Tuchuan lived in this independent building and seldom went out. Meals were made by the servants in the kitchen, so Ji Ting now went to get him breakfast.

She walked along the path using last night's memories and saw what was not so obvious last night. The small building where Shen Tuchuan currently lived was the innermost part of the mansion. A small wall surrounded the small structure, isolating the yard from other places.

Originally, this small building and yard were designed by Shen Tuchuan's mother. She lived here untill she committed suicide. Later, his father thought it was unlucky and used it as a storage for random things. Even when Shen Tuchuan moved in, the clutter was not cleared.

Since no one managed it for quite some time, the small courtyard with flowers and grass along with the koi carp had been left uncultivated. The grass had turned yellow and the small pond had also dried up. Compared with the picturesque garden outside the courtyard, it was like the wilderness.

This yard should hold significant value for the villain. After getting him a meal, she decided to clean it up. As Ji Ting calculated, she accelerated her pace to the kitchen.

She came early so the kitchen was still preparing. She came in, greeted the aunts in the kitchen, and asked for breakfast.

The kitchen aunt glanced at her and immediately greeted her warmly. After greeting her, she put the prepared dishes on the plate and put them in the insulated meal box. Off to the side, Ji Ting looked over and saw that the food was unexpectedly good.

"Master Gu Zhi had a cold yesterday, but he drank alcohol so he shouldn't take medicine after. The kitchen simmered hot soup. You take this so that he can sweat it out. This is a double serving, and one serving is yours," said the aunt. The box was handed over to her, "You are so beautiful, no wonder you are blessed to serve Master Gu Zhi."

"This...... I'm here to get breakfast for the young master, not for young master Gu Zhi." Although she was very happy from being complimented, Ji Ting still reminded her.

She saw the aunt's expression change in seconds. The aunt took the meal box back with a straight face and nodded towards the corner with her chin, "Why didn't you say it was for the young master, wasting my time. Can you afford if the young master is hungry? Go get it."

Though Ji Ting had known that the aunt would drop her good treatment, she couldn't help but let out an admiring sound after hearing the contrast.

There was no point in fighting with this kind of person. Ji Ting turned to the corner and saw a bun and congee on the small table along with a pancake which had obviously been left overnight. The bun and congee should be for Shen Tuchuan, and the pancake should be for herself. After touching the bowl, it was only mildly warm.

Compared with the hot meals and hot dishes just now, it was like heaven and earth. Ji Ting looked back at the woman, "It's all cold, can you heat it up?"

"When it first came out it was hot, who made you come too late. Can't heat it, you just take it like it is, let the young master punish you so you can remember in the future." The woman's voice was sharp.

Ji Ting good naturedly nodded and slowly packed the breakfast in the box. When someone outside called for the woman, she scolded her for being "so slow" and went out.

As soon as she walked away, Ji Ting, who had been slow just now, was immediately lightning fast and rushed to the doorside. She opened Gu Zhi's food box. After seeing the rich variety of breakfast in it, she took some and quickly covered the box. Carrying the plate back, she put the food in and closed the box's lid in one go. She carried the box and left very quickly.