Chapter 31.2

Ji Ting walked to the building with a heavy face and returned to the small building with the meal. As soon as she entered the courtyard, she walked briskly, tiptoeing lightly through the courtyard.

Shen Tuchuan had sat by the window after she had left. He saw the changes in her expression after she came back, and then watched her float into the yard like a butterfly. His lips could not restrain from rising, and then he closed the window.

One minute after the window closed, Ji Ting went upstairs with the lunch box and saw her young master who was "ill and looked like a skeleton". En, during this time he was nourished well, and his face finally had more flesh.

Seeing him obediently sitting on the sofa reading a book, Ji Ting could not help but give him a compliment, "The young master didn't open the window? Your performance is really good today."

Recently, the weather was getting colder and colder, and Shen Tuchuan had a constant fever. His body was not completely better. Ji Ting tried to not let him open the windows, and even if he did open them, he had to first change into thicker clothes and go downstairs to warm up, then go into the bedroom for some air.

Shen Tuchuan glanced at her and said unpleasantly, "You're getting more and more undisciplined." He spoiled her too much, causing her to talk more and more casually.

Ji Ting smiled and didn't reply to those words. "Master, I brought beef and egg drop soup, please drink it while it's hot."

Shen Tuchuan slowly got up and walked over to her. Seeing the lavish lunch in the meal box, he was a little surprised. "You stole something again?"

"......What do you mean again, I only stole that one time in total." Ji Ting squinted at him and filled a bowl of soup for him, "Master drink it, warm your body."

Shen Tuchuan stretched his hand out to pick it up. His fingers momentarily brushed by Ji Ting's fingers, which made her eyes instantly narrow. Shen Tuchuan knew it was his fault and took the soup quickly. Innocently, he said, "Before you came back, I used cold water to wash my hands."

"......It turns out that you washed your hands in cold water. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought the young master was wearing thin pajamas and still decided to open the window." Ji Ting fake smiled.

Shen Tuchuan paused, pursed his lips and took the spoon from her. He put a bowl of soup in front of her after clumsily filling it. "Don't be angry."

Ji Ting knew that he was apologizing. She sat helplessly across from him. "Master, it's not that I don't want to let you get some fresh air, but you are not in good health, can't you pay more attention?"

"I know." Shen Tuchuan said the most persuasive words with the most indifferent expression

Ji Ting then sat down and put all of his favorite dishes into his bowl. Since Shen Tuchuan reading that strange book, she had been forced to eat together with him. Fortunately, she quickly adapted to this situation.

While the two were eating, Ji Ting reported what she had heard today with vigour. "Sure enough, as you said, Gu Zhi has started to move. Shen Tushan was betrayed by the person he trusted most. He's probably angered to death, but then again, why would the board members trust Gu Zhi more?"

Reasonably speaking, Shen Tushan had been the family head for a long time, he should have had his own people. How could he be forced by Gu Zhi, as if cornered?

"Gu Zhi is good at training and forming parties. Coupled with his excellent work capabilities, all people with eyes will trust him more than the obstinate Shen Tushan." Whenever Shen Tuchuan talked about these two people, his contempt never diminished.

Ji Ting nodded in understanding. "True, those people are scrutinizing, they will definitely choose the side that looks more favorable; compared to their relationship with Shen Tushan that had lasted for so many years, real benefits are more important."

After she said that, there was a moment of silence, and her mood turned somewhat bad.

Shen Tuchuan looked up at her. "What's wrong?"

"......Nothing." She just felt a bit of pity for the villain, everything that Gu Zhi got was supposed to belong to him, but in the end, there was nothing left.

Shen Tuchuan raised his lips and put some shrimp from his bowl into hers. "Relax, whoever's it should be will only ever be theirs; no one can take it away."

"Yes, bad people will always have their retribution." Ji Ting laughed. The novel world also must follow the basic laws of nature. The male lead here would be retaliated against one day because he had bad intentions. Otherwise, why would the book be called "Obsessive Torture"? There would always be angels to punish him.

Ji Ting organized her emotions and smiled, then continued to chat with him. "It seems that Gu Zhi will be replacing Shen Tushan soon, should we prepare to move out of this place?"

"No rush, Gu Zhi is a suspicious person. As long as the Shentu family isn't completely his, he will be very cautious. Even if we wait a while for him to transfer his property, it wouldn't be too late." Shen Tuchuan appeased.

Ji Ting thought about it for a while and felt that this level of revenge was not enough. She wanted to see Shen Tushan homeless and kneel before leaving, so she nodded. "It's okay, I'm not in a hurry, it's just that you may have to pretend to be sick for a while longer."

"As long as you don't feel it's a nuisance," Shen Tuchuan got up and went to the safe, put in the password and took a box out. "This is for you."

"What's that?" Ji Ting innocently took it, and when she opened it, a dazzling red came into her sight. She was stunned for a moment, and after seeing what it was, she was startled. "You really bought it?!"

In the box, wasn't it the ruby necklace he showed her the other day?

Shen Tuchuan saw that Ji Ting was not as happy as he thought she would be, but instead, frowned. His fingers twitched, feeling something was wrong.

"At the time when I saw it, how much money was it worth? 10 or 20 million? Where did you get so much money to buy this!" Ji Ting felt a headache coming and felt that money education these days was totally useless.

Shen Tuchuan judged the situation and slowly said, "This is fake."

Ji Ting still had a bunch of things to say, but when she heard his words, her tongue knotted instantly. "What, what?"

"Fake." Shen Tuchuan looked firm.

Ji Ting blinked and got angry. "Who are you kidding? You're telling me that with such a good appearance, this is fake?!"

"It just looks real, the price is two...... twenty thousand." He had wanted to say two million, but looking at Ji Ting's expression, calmly reduced another zero.

Ji Ting looked at him suspiciously and after a while, looked at the necklace inside. She still felt something was wrong. Finally, Shen Tuchuan dispelled her doubts. "You know I don't have that much money."

......Makes sense.

Ji Ting's anger subsided instantly. Although 20,000 yuan was also expensive, compared to 20 million, it wasn't worth mentioning. She poked the necklace with her fingers and felt that this thing was indeed realistic, no wonder it sold for more than 20,000 yuan.

Shen Tuchuan looked at her unhappy expression and a smile flashed through his eyes. He could have directly shown her his bank account, but then he would inevitably lose her worrying about him, so it was better to maintain her misunderstanding.

* * * 

Haha Shen Tuchuan, keeping that misunderstanding will really come back and bite you in the ass later hahaha