Chapter 25.5

On the birthday of Shen Tuchuan, Ji Ting invited Li Tuo and Rong Jing. Li Tuo and Shen Tuchuan were busy in the kitchen while she and Rong Jing were chatting in the living room.

"Did you guys argue?" Rong Jing asked in a quiet voice. She had felt that the atmosphere between them was not right as soon as she entered the residence.

Ji Ting shrugged and said nothing. She just was as confused as Rong Jing. At first she thought that Shen Tuchuan was forced by her to compromise, so he was not very happy. But now it seemed that he did not seem to be unhappy, and was instead emotionless.

Yes, there was no emotion and he was a little too calm, it was not normal.

"If you have anything to resolve, don't always quarrel. The two of you finally got together. You should cherish it." Rong Jing persuaded gently.

Ji Ting smiled and thought of something, "Your car is in the garage, right?"

"En, it's there."

"Can I borrow it? I want to go out and buy something," Ji Ting paused and added, "as compensation to Shen Tuchuan."

Rong Jing gave her the key as soon as she heard that, "Then go quickly."

Ji Ting took the key and did not forget to tell her before she left, "If they ask you, tell them that I am out and will come back later."

"En."

The garage was next to the back door and there were basically no guards over there. Ji Ting found Li Tuo's car very smoothly and drove straight out.

As she had thought, security had become accustomed to Li Tuo's car in and out, so they just glanced from a distance and let her go. Ji Ting was so nervous that her palms were sweating. She didn't relax until she was very far away.

She was going to buy food like she did ten years ago, and then, as promised, she would make up for all her regrets. She would prove with actions that even if she could go out, she would still be like many days and nights before, and return to him on time.

Ji Ting thought that would work very well, but she was confronted by two groups after shopping in the supermarket. As an innocent person who passed by but had an expired ID card, she was taken to the police station despite her explanation.

All the meals in the villa were served, and Ji Ting had not returned yet. Shen Tuchuan looked at the vacated position and stood numb for a long time.

"That..... Ji Ting went out to buy you a gift. She might be late." Rong Jing wanted to wait until he asked, but when she saw his expression, she couldn't help saying it first.

Shen Tuchuan looked down, "En, let's eat."

The three people ate a rather depressing birthday meal, and finally Li Tuo couldn't help but ask, "I have a tracker in the car, why not go find her."

"No need." Shen Tuchuan refused, looking like he didn't want to talk with anyone.

Li Tuo and Rong Jing looked at each other and had to leave first.

After getting in a chauffeur's car, Rong Jing asked carefully, "Did I do something wrong?"

"It's not your fault. Let's go find Ji Ting first and then ask about the situation." Li Tuo gently comforted her.

Rong Jing nodded. The two found the whereabouts of the car and went to the supermarket. As soon as they got there, they heard about the fight. Li Tuo saw the deserted car and intuitively thought it might have something to do with Ji Ting. So he went to the police station with Rong Jing, and to his surprise he saw that Ji Ting was still there.