♕❝1rst meeting ❞

Eunji POV

I am sitting on my bed from the past thirty minutes contemplating what to do with my life.

The decision is mine. Which is the problem!

I decided to go to my bathroom and freshen up my already tensed muscles. I turned on my shower and kept on fidgeting with the temperature settings until it was perfectly warm, leaning towards hot, just the way I liked it.

After letting the water run down my body for what felt like forever I turned off the tap and stood infront of my huge bathroom mirror.

I splashed some water on my face.

" What are you going to do?

" This is where you wanted to go? Studying this hard just to say a few words of commitment and putting a comma to your life? "

" I don't know the guy yet, but it must be nice to have a special someone. A loving person and with more progression, babies of my own! "

"What about Seojun? He is very attached to me. Handling a baby is hard. Will Eomma and Appa be able to do it at this stage of their lives? "

" What about Eunha? Wouldn't she hate me more if she finds out our parents are preparing my marriage before hers. "

I sighed controlling all my thoughts. Let's think this through sensibly. I need time to think.

I went downstairs to grab myself a snack when I overheard my parents conversation.

"-but we can't force her. And we shouldn't either! "

" Thats what i am saying. But I know he is a good guy. He will keep her happy. I just wanted the best for her. If she stays alone like this taking care of Seojun all day, I would be guilty that it's my fault. "

" Honey its not your fault at all. She is a sensible girl. She would take a decision wis-"

I cut them off standing in the middle of the stairs.

" I believe what you chose for me, must be great. I-I agree to this marriage. "

I looked up to see tears in my mother's eyes and a smiling figure of my dad. I found myself shedding a few tears too.

Well after that i got told that the family was coming to our house in a few days. Mr. Jeon, Of course he is my father's close friend so I have heard a lot about him and even met him a few times but never with the thought he was going to be my future father-in-law. And oh, Mrs. Jeon, what a lovely lady! She was always so sweet while talking to me and seemed to have a deep interest in me in our past meetings. Now I get it. They have been thinking about this for a while.

*FEW DAYS LATER*

This was the day the Jeons were going to visit us. The first time I will see my future husband. I realized even though our families have had a few meetings, he didn't come to them. Otherwise I would've known about his existences.

I opened my closet and shuffled through my clothes to put together an outfit.

I figured it was going to be a semi formal meet up, maybe even a little casual so I picked out a blue casual dress that went to my mid thighs and white leggings along with my favourite blue sandles.

My hair went to my mid back so I didn't tie it completely. I just braided the front sections pinning them on the back and loosely curling my hair with a flat iron.

I applied my usual makeup and checked myself in the mirror the last time before going to my parents who were waiting for our guests.

"How do I look mom? "

" You look beautiful honey. "

I smiled.

With that, the doorbell rang and I freaked out squeaking unknowingly.

My father laughed and went to open the door. I also stood close to it waiting to greet them.

The door opened and I saw Mr. Jeon who immediately went in for a hug with my father, followed by Mrs.Jeon who embraced my mother. I couldn't see the third person as Mr. Jeon was already up to me.

"Hello Mr. Jeon. "

"Hello! How are you doing Eunji? "

" I am doing well, thank you. "

He patted my back and proceeded into our house.

Before I could even say anything I was engulfed in a hug by Mrs. Jeon.

"H-Hi Mrs. Jeon. " I said in between the hug.

"Hello dear! Oh how excited I was to meet you! "

I chucked and replied, " Same here. "

All the adults has gone by to sit and that's when I looked at him.

A tall handsome guy wearing black button down shirt along with khaki pants and was looking straight up at me with a blank expression.

I went forward to close the door and my nose filled up with his strong cologne making me dizzy yet the urge to get more.

As i was about to greet him to end this awkwardness, he bumped his shoulder into mine and left into the house without glancing at me a second time.

' Maybe he is just shy. '

I shrugged it off and went to sit with the family.

Before I could sit on another seat, Mrs. Jeon insisted that I sit with her.

After food we were all just sitting when their son, which I now discovered was called Jungkook, declared that he wanted to use the restroom.

My mom suggested that i take him to my room as the door to their bathroom is expanded due to the moisture.

I led the way and he followed me upstairs. I opened the door and that sweet smell of my favourite candle filled up my nose making me smile. I pointed to my bathroom door and he went to it without another word.

I looked at my room as a guest's point of view. A few frames with quotes printed in red along with golden fairy lights decorated with my bookshelf and bed sides. It was cute.

When he came out I decided to start a conversation.

"Hey, did you like the food? "

He simply scoffed and left my room making me stand there alone. My heart dropped to my stomach making me feel empty inside.

This wasn't shy. It was straight up rude!

Maybe I should... reconsider this marriage...