♕❝Pretending what?❞

It was the first time I had seen Ajumma speak with so much authority and I could tell that she had an effect on Jungkook as he shut up immediately and proceeded to leave without saying anything else.

"I will never forgive you Jungkook. Never."

Eunji POV
A week had gone by and by now both of us resumed our work barely interacting or even seeing each other. He was in his office most of the day while I was at home doing my work from the screen of my laptop. I spent most of my time in the living room and sometimes going out for a walk or to get something I needed. It was the weekend meaning Jungkook wasn't going to have to leave the house. I came for breakfast but he didn't come out of his room. I didn't pay much attention and assumed it was another one of his tantrums where he didn't want to see my face again. I also wanted a break from my heavy schedule and I realized I needed to buy some new clothes. After breakfast I got ready and went to the mall to get the stuff I needed. I went to my usual clothing store and searched for some warm and fuzzy sweaters because that was my main purpose coming here. I picked out some decent things and went to a kid's store to buy something for Seojun to give him the next time I see him. I saw a huge packaging of action figure toys and I found it pretty cool and I knew he would like something like that.

After the billing, I headed back home. It was early evening and the sun was going down slowly. I put my things in my room and came to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water as I hadn't drank much the whole day. I saw Ajumma looking very worried while setting a tray with water and pieces of cloth. "Is everything alright?" "Jungkook is sick. He has caught a cold. I was just going to take medicine-" "Give all of this to me. I will go." I don't really know what got into me but I felt the urge to be there for him and felt like I was the one who was supposed to take care of him. I didn't bother knocking and went straight inside the room. He was laying in his bed and had his eyes closed shut and was shivering because of the fever. I went towards him and set the tray on his table. He opened his eyes and took a glance at me and his weak expression quickly changed into a cold one.

"W-What are you doing here? Leave right now. I don't want you here. I don't need you-" "Quit it please. I am not here for you. I just have a little kindness left in me. I walked a little closer to him and put my hand on his forehead to check his temperature. He harshly grabbed my hand which made me flinch but I stayed quiet. Instead, my eyes softened looking at his weak state. He was burning with fever and I was sure that he was feeling miserable. I lowered myself and stood on my knees on the floor, my upper body on the level of the bed he was laying on, his hand still holding my wrist tightly. I softened my tone as I really wanted to give him some medicine. " Jungkook please. Just listen to me for a little bit. " His grip on my hand loosened and his eyes were on me as he stared with an unreadable expression on his face. I smiled at him. "Does your throat hurt? Just nod if it does. If you talk it would hurt and feel weird." He slightly nodded and I did the same.

I took out the required medicines and had them in my hand as I poured some water in a glass. I put both those things on the table and helped him sit up to eat the medicine. He was having trouble swallowing them so I rubbed his back hoping it would help. He layed down again and I put a small towel in water and took it out making sure no water was dripping. I brought it closer to Jungkook's forehead and he was about to resist but I showed him my pleading eyes and he didn't stop me. "How did you catch a cold? Do you not wear warm clothing?" He remained silent and I knew he wasn't going to respond. "I got very warm sweaters today- ah Never mind. "I stopped myself before I could continue. How foolish of me to talk to him as if he would care one bit about me and my damn sweaters. After doing everything, I was still sitting on the floor next to his bed. My hands made their way to his head massaging it because I knew fever caused severe headaches. I looked at the time and it was pretty late and time to sleep. *You should sleep now. I will be right here if you need anything. Your fever will come back during the night so if it bothers you so tell me. I will be awake. I am leaving this lamp on so you don't step on my face if you decide to pee during the night. "I chuckled at my own joke but immediately stopped reminding myself again and again that I should keep my guard up.

"Also if you feel hungry once your fever leaves, call me so I can bring you food. Goodnight Jungkook.

I didn't lay down on the ground but rested my back on the side of the bed and just planned on closing my eyes. My tiredness and exhaustion thought otherwise and I fell asleep pretty soon.

_________________________

WARNING: Continue some chapters includes blood and a lot of anger which might be triggering for some people. Read at your own risk.

Eunji POV I was asleep, until I felt a very harsh grip on my hands followed by them being thrown away by force. This made me wake up and look around to make sure I was okay, and why and by whom would my hand be yanked away with this brutality. I got my answer pretty quickly when I saw Jungkook's eyes shooting daggers at me. I gulped, not because I was scared. Because I was too exhausted to hear his mean words over and over again. I sat up straight and examined him, trying to find out whether he was still having fever or not. Jeez Eunji, don't look out for people that much when they are not appreciative for it. How do you feel right now?" Stop fucking pretending Lee Eunji. " he said, emphasizing on 'Lee' and not his family name supporting his beliefs of not accepting me as his wife. I sighed under my breath.

"Pretending what Jungkook? What exactly am I pretending to do?

Thank u for 855+ reads