♕❝A ray of Hope❞

Eunji POV

I woke up without Seojun in my arms. I remembered that he did sleep beside me the previous night so I worriedly opened my eyes to look for him. I scanned my room but he was nowhere to be found. My heart was beating like crazy and I felt my legs shaking. The details from last night came pouring in and the fear that Jungkook hurt Seojun arose in my mind and I felt like crying. I opened the door to my room to rush downstairs. I was running very fast on the stairs. My pjs were also kind of oversized and I managed to trip and fall on the stairs, my knees and elbow getting affected badly.

Before I knew it, my parents came rushing towards me with a horrified expression on their face. "Are you okay Eunji??" I held up my hand and gulped down a tear. "Where is Seojun?" Jungkook also came with Seojun in his arms with a confused expression on his face. I got up not caring how much it hurt and went towards his direction.

I let out a sob and Jungkook put Seojun down putting his arms on my shoulders with a worried expression on his face. I held his collar harshly, "Do you realize how scared I was?? Why did you take him with you without my permission? I was pretty sure that you were going to h-.... "I didn't complete my sentence. I didn't want to let my parents know yet. They will get too hurt. His eyes softened, which I had never seen before.

He brought his hands to my cheeks and caressed them softly. My parents were watching all this and I was pretty sure they were very confused as to why i was over reacting. After all, it was my husband who took him. That was probably the safest he could be right? If only they knew how big of my monster my 'husband' really was. I could and did tolerate all of what he did to me but even a pin on Seojun is something I can't accept. I was being very emotional and I wasn't feeling too good because of my hormonal imbalances because of my menstrual cycle.

I wasn't in my correct state of mind and I was frustrated and tired still so I did whatever and hugged Jungkook sobbing onto his chest. I could feel him rubbing my back and caressing my hair. I knew he meant none of that, but even the thought that he would actually care for me, was enough for me to calm down.

I mumbled, but loud enough for my parents to hear, "I am sorry. I had a bad dream so I got really scared. Jungkook broke the hug and held my right arm inspecting it. I looked at it too and I saw that the cut on my elbow was bleeding a lot. "Come with me." He said and I followed him. We were seated in the living room and Jungkook got the first aid kit to treat my wounds. He was really focussed and I was completely lost in that face of his. 'What made you so harsh Jungkook? I never hated you at first. You didn't look this dangerous. You didn't even get to know me, still you said all the mean things and did not even try for this marriage to work. I am sorry Jungkook for my interference. I really meant and still mean no harm. Before, I thought I could change you.

Break that wall surrounding your heart. I am not powerful enough to break that wall Jungkook. And you are making it harder day by day. Even the attempt of making a crack causes so many bruises and pain. So why even bother, when nothing is being gained, other than constant frustration and pain. I snapped back into reality and winced when he dabbed the cotton of the disinfectant on my cut. "I am sorry." was all he said and I sat there wondering what was he saying sorry for.

For dabbing the cotton too hard? Or for everything else he has been doing since our wedding and even before the wedding. He was soon done finishing my wounds and I put my head back on the sofa sighing loudly. Jungkook was still next to me and when I looked over to his side, I saw him staring at me. What surprised me was, this time it was not a glare, or an annoyed expression. He held my hand in his and shifted closer to me. I was very confused and almost surprised. Before I could take my hand back and push him away, his grip on me got tighter. Not rougher, but tighter. It was almost that he knew that i was planning on getting away from him.

"Eunji, can you please listen to what i have to say?" I scoffed, "Jungkook please. I don't want that,' oh my god please act for my parents!' bullshit again." "Please listen to me." his voice was still soft despite my slightly harsh words. I sighed and gave in. Why can't i ever resist caring and feeling bad for him? "Say it Jungkook. Say it. "

He now grabbed both my hands in his. "I don't even know if I am in the position to say this but, I don't want to take you back because of my parents. It's just, I can't even say that I lo-like you. I have always had trouble with these kinds of things. I just know that i treated you very poorly. And i am so sorry for that. I do understand that you are a very nice person. One of the best I have ever met in my life. Would you please, give this marriage a second chance....?" Saying that i was shocked was an understatement.

I was beyond bewildered. What had happened that made him reconsider us? Before I could answer he said, "Please give me another chance. In the past few days, without you, I have been feeling so lost. So impatient and so frustrated. I am very sorry Eunji. I know I don't deserve you but-" I put a finger on his lip so that he could stop talking. I smiled a little.
After all, I did have an affect on him. I was able to change him. Is this it? Will I finally be happy again? I put my feelings aside yet again, not wanting to get hopeful. It would hurt so much more if I give my heart and he breaks it. I would be better off not trying at all. Will I ever be able to live in peace that i ruined a potentially great life partner and relationship?

I held his hands in mine this time. "Jeon Jungkook... you have hurt me a lot." "I know Eunji. I am so sorry.

"I... I will give you another chance. But this time, don't hurt me. I wouldn't be able to handle it. I care for you and am willing to trust you again. Don't ever break that trust. "

Jungkook immediately lit up and wrapped his arms around me. Thank you so much."

Taddaa!! Yeah i have exams but i can understand your excitement too😁
Enjoy now^^_^^