Chapter 10: How Grace fell asleep on me

Chapter Ten: How Grace fell asleep on me.

Edited and Rewritten

Nathan's POV

Breathing deeply, as all of the joy that I was experiencing with Bradley and Grace just completely melts away from me as I hear Natalie's voice calling my name. I try to keep my face as blank as I can to stop Natalie from gaining any pleasure from seeing how much her presence affects me.

"Hello, Nathan,"

I turn around and look at her, she looks good as she always does, but her personality ruins any beauty that she has on the outside.

"Hello, Natalie," I say, and a sigh escapes me. I can see Grace glancing between Bradley and me, with a light frown on her face, her eyes filled with confusion as she watches on. Bradley is the only one that knows the in-depth details of Natalie and I's relationship. Bradley stares at Natalie, his eyes pointed in his annoyance.

"Caleb, my fiance will be here soon, if you want to say hi," She smirks wickedly at me, her eyes gleaming in amusement.

"Aw, don't be like that, Nathan," She mocks, and Bradley huffs as she throws her head back and laughs loudly. As much as I have tried to forget about Natalie and the hurt that she caused me - my mind races back to the last time that I heard that evil cackle of hers.

Loosening my tie, I nudge the door closed with my leg as I dropped my briefcase at the door while I kicked off my shoes. I rolled my neck, stretching as my body was stiff from a long day at work. I couldn't wait to curl up next to Natalie and just go to sleep.

"Hey, Natalie," I called, but I heard nothing until I get close to the bedroom, and I heard her laughing and the sound of mumbled voices. My stomach dropped, and my heart raced as I placed my palm on the bedroom door. I pushed it open, and I was frozen in place.

Natalie, the woman that I thought was my soulmate, the person that I love, was sleeping with the one person in the world that I hated. I felt my throat dry and my eyes stinging with tears as I couldn't take my eyes off of them.

"Oh, Nathan, you're home," Natalie smiled at me. A small, almost gleefully chuckle leaves her smiling lips. I cannot speak or move as tears ran down my cheeks, watching as she began to dress in a leisurely manner. My eyes drifted to Caleb as he pulled on his t-shirt over his head and zipped his trousers.

Natalie slowly clasped her heels and stood from the bed. She wasn't acting like a woman who just got caught cheating on her boyfriend - almost as if she had planned it.

"Natalie, what the hell are you doing?" I yelled at her once I was able to move. I had finally come out of the trance that had taken over me. A cold sweat ran over my body as my hands shook in anger and shock. A deep sickness flooded over every cell in my body.

"Aw, Nathan," She pouted mockingly, "The first rule of business is to aim for the best, so I am trading you in for the better model. You didn't really think that I would stay with you? You are just starting your business. You aren't good enough for me,"

"I need a higher standard of wealth," She added as a hurtful afterthought. Caleb laughs as he packed up Natalie's belongings into her bags.

Natalie turns her nose up at me, scrolling through her phone to book an uber. I feel as though someone has sucker-punched me, sucking all the air out of me. I couldn't believe what she was saying to me. I might be still working on my business, but I have been able to provide her with everything that she has ever asked me for and every want.