FOURTEEN

HARRY

Harry wakes up to a rapid banging on his door, and he sits up quickly, a frown on his face.

"I'm coming, I'm coming" he grumbles, running a hand through his messy bed hair as he stomps towards the door, annoyed at being woke up at this hour.

He opens the door to a terrified looking Niall, and immediately a concerned look crosses his face.

"Niall? Are you okay? It's.." he checks the clock. "It's quarter past three in the morning". He knows his friend wouldn't wake him at this hour unless it was an emergency.

Niall shakes his head furiously. "It's Louis and Liam" he stutters, stumbling over his words. "Liam went over, to say he was sorry. He couldn't sleep he was so worried and stressed over everything. So he went and, well I don't know, I got a call from him before, but it was just a mess of crying and shouting. I don't know what's happened but it can't be good".

Harry grows pale at the news and quickly runs to his room, slipping a black own brand hoodie over his bare torso and pulling grey sweats over his boxers.

"Come on then." he says to Niall gently, sensing how on edge he is. "Let's and go see what's up".

He wraps an arm around the Irish boys shoulder and follows him out of the flat, locking the door behind him.

He's trying to remain calm for the sake of Niall, but on the inside he's panicking. God knows what's happened.

Louis is in no state to be left on his own and they never should have left him. Harry hates to admit it but the boy needs help.

They get into Niall's car, Harry driving and Harry immediately looks at Niall with a comforting smile.

"Hey, it'll be alright yeah". Despite the worry he feels inside he can see how upset Niall is and doesn't want to add to it.

Niall nods shakily.

Thoughts swarm Harry's head whilst he drives and he's sweating as they drive down the now quiet London roads.

What if he's done something drastic, like cut too deep, or even worse, done it on purpose.

What if he's...attempted suicide.

Niall seems to sense Harrys discomfort and places a comforting hand on his knee.

"Hey, Harry, they're probably fine". Not quite believing it Harry nods, not wanting to think the worst anymore.

After what feels like an eternity they finally pull up at Louis' apartment and Niall pulls out a card from his pocket. "What's that?" Harry questions. "Card to get up to his apartment" Niall answers. "It's a buzzer".

Harry nods as Niall swipes the card and opens a door leading to stairs. Both boys quickly rush up and Niall stops as he hears voices at the door.

"Louis please, you don't need to do this to yourself" they hear Liams distressed voice, obviously croaky from crying.

"I just need to forget Liam!" Louis shouts, obviously drunk from the way his words slur. "Just one night, I need it to go away".

"Louis please" Liams voice is reduced to a whisper and he's clearly taken back to the nights years ago when he would pick Louis up, drunk, night after night. But this feels worse, especially now they know what he's doing to himself, blaming himself.

"Don't let him do this to you, please just stop, Louis, he's not worth it".

Harry winces at Liams words that are clearly about him and squeezes the door handle tightly.