TWENTY EIGHT

LOUIS

The tension in the elevator is thick as Louis and Harry make their way up to Simons office, summoned by the devil himself once again.

He notices Harry chewing on his nails nervously, and he takes the man's large hand in his own, frowning at the chipped nail varnish.

"Hey, stop worrying" he tries to reassure Harry.

Harry bites his lip, linking their fingers together and kissing Louis' smaller hand.

"We'll be alright" he whispers, more trying to convince himself rather than Louis.

Louis nods and squeezes Harry's hand.

It's then that the elevator doors open, having reached the floor where Simons office lies.

Harry jumps slightly as the doors open and pulls their hands apart.

Too many bad memories for them here.

When they enter the large office three pairs of eyes stare back at them.

Niall, Liam...Simon.

There's a deathly silence in the room as the two quietly take their seats, Louis refraining from making any sarky remarks.

He can feel Simons eyes burning into his head, burning with rage and he avoids any eye contact.

Simon doesn't say anything for a good ten minutes whilst they wait for their fifth band mate.

With every second that passes Louis feels himself fill with dread.

He can take Simons shit, he's done it before he'll do it again.

It's Zayn he's worried about.

He's basically been outed, and Simons reaction can't be good.

He wishes he could take this burden away from Zayn, place it on himself instead. It's basically his fault anyways.

His breath catches as the door swings open, Zayn stepping through it and his heart instantly drops.

He remembers the day he and Harry were in this position, except without the public spectacle, it was never allowed to go that far.

It was awful and his heart breaks for Zayn at this moment.

Once all five boys are seated Simon looks at them individually, a blank expression on his face.

This is almost scarier than when he's shouting at them, at least then his feelings are clear.

They know it can't be good, but at least they'd have an idea of what's to come.

"Are you fucking serious" Simon finally states.

"So i have not one, not two, but three faggots in my band".

Louis tenses at the slur, memories coming back.

Harry visibly flinches, furrowing his eyebrows.

Simon shakes his head, grinding his teeth.

"What the fuck am i meant to do with you" he questions, rubbing his forehead.

His eyes flicker towards Zayn, and Louis watches his every move carefully. He won't allow his friend be abused like he was.

"I thought better of you Zayn" he states, glaring at the lad.

Zayn looks down ashamedly, brown eyes filled with hurt.

"I mean, you left like a little pussy but you came back. I never took you for a cocksucker though".