TWENTY SEVEN

LOUIS

Silence.

The only sound to be heard is Harry's short puffs of breath as he sleeps, fading into the cool air.

It's strange, comforting but odd.

For the first time in years, Louis doesn't hear anything in his head, no voice of self hatred, nobody telling him he's worthless, not enough.

It scares him to be honest. He's had that voice for so long that he feels almost lost without it, even more alone.

But he's not alone, he reminds himself. He's home.

His mind is at peace as he lays in Harry's arms, he feels safe.

He turns over, face buried in Harry's bare chest and he breathes in his musky scent with a smile. A real smile, not like the others he's faked the past month.

Harry's chest hair tickles his nostrils slightly and Louis sniffs, before letting out a small sneeze at the sensation.

This causes Harry to stir, his head tilting up to get a better view of the man who awakened him.

They had decided to take a nap after the emotionally exhausting morning they had suffered, and even Louis had managed an hour of snoozies in Harry's comfort.

Harry turns to look at the bedside clock, groaning as he notices the time. Ten o'clock.

In deciding to sleep they had simultaneously decided to ignore Simons desperate calls and abusive texts, choosing to deal with the consequences at a later hour.

For now they were both content in the company of each other.

A sort of calm before the inevitable storm.

Pretty ironic when you think about it, considering the hellish storm both Louis and Harry had been suffering the past few years.

You'd think the universe would give them a break for a change.

Or not.

"H" Louis mumbles, fingertip tracing the youngers tattoos.

"Mhm?" Harry replies.

"Promise they won't break us again".

Harry looks down at his love, stroking his feathery hair before placing a small kiss upon it.

"I swear on everything i have, darling".

Louis seems content with this answer, sighing before snuggling even closer into Harry, if that was even possible at this point.

He never wanted to be apart from this man again.

It's strange how dependent Louis is on Harry now, considering he always used to be the more dominant one, with Harry relying on him rather than the other way around.

He used to be the one cuddling Harry, cascading his fingers through Harry's long curls and reassuring him everything was going to be alright.

After what he's suffered through though he's terrified of losing Harry, so is it really surprising that he's so clingy.

Eventually though they have to break apart, as Louis reluctantly pulls himself off of Harry and sits up.

They have to face reality at some point.

Better to do it sooner rather than later, like ripping off a bandaid.

Harry groans as Louis' weight disappears, wrapping his arms around Louis' small waist and pulling the boy back down to lay with him.

"No" he mumbles, littering his exposed shoulder blade with small kisses.

Louis laughs before turning to face Harry, cradling his jaw lovingly.

"We have to get up, love" he says softly, smiling at Harry's puppy dog eyes.

Harry groans once again. "I want to stay here forever" he whispers, pouting.

His eyes flicker shut and Louis rubs their noses together.

"Soon".

He sighs before pulling away and wrapping a lazy arm around the younger man, rubbing his back.

"Come on, we can do this".

merry christmas x