Introduction

The last day of summer and the first day of my new life. Name Sunstone Flintheart and I just moved to Canterlot City. My life before moving here was a living nightmare, being the loser of my previous school. Now with a new location I can start anew, make a good first impression, to really make some friends… aw who am I kidding, I'll always be the pariah.

As of right now I was walking down main street taking in the local shops and restaurants. I was getting the bearings of the city, getting familiar with my new home. It's a lot nicer than my old home, everything being cleaner and friendlier. That is when I walked by an oddity shop.

"Come in dearie. You look like a man that need a pick me up," said a elderly old yellow woman stepping out of the old shop.

"Sorry ma'am, I'm just browsing," I responded, taking a step away from the old crone. 

"Nonsense my body! Come in, I have much to show you," the old lady sidestepped my remark as she pulled me into her shop.

Inside the room was stuffed full of old antiques and oddities. The walkway was barely accessible as the floor was also littered with books, vases, and knickknacks of all sorts of sizes. It looked more like the home of a hoarder than a proper establishment to do business. 

"Here my dearly, something special just for you," she hurried around a counter full of old jewelry and statuettes and disappeared underneath.

I stood awkwardly among all of this mess unsure of what to do. Before I decided to book it out of here the old lade re-emerged from behind holding a bunch of weird trinkets and artifacts. 

"Here we go my boy," she said pleasantly, dumping them onto the countertop with a clang.

She then sifted through the pile until she found what she was looking for. She presented a small yellow stone figurine in between her thumb and forefinger to me.

"Ah, this may aid what ails you. This statue can change your world! All you have to do is give an offering of blood every day!" She stated, grinning ear to ear.

I cringed and shook my head in disapproval. 

"Alright then," she started as she put down the little statue and pick up a large purple beaded necklace, "this is the one for you! When you ware this necklace you'll be granted great powers! All you have to do is bathe in acid every night!"

The sensation of burning agitated my skin as I quickly shook my head fearfully.

The old lady looked down at her pile of trinkets puzzled, deep in thought. With a aha she plunged back into the pile before pulling out a red jew. It shined like it was made of fire as she held ot in the light.

"Now here we go dearie, the answers to your woes. With a special incantation this gem will grant you the love of your heart's desire."

This caught my attention as I stared at the glittering stone.

"What's the catch?" I asked as I looked at the old lady raising an eyebrow. 

"Catch? Well the one who falls for you must sacrifice one element of beauty. It could be their height or a beauty mark, nothing to major, dearie." She continued to smile. 

She then handed me the gem allowing me to take a closer look at it. It felt heavy for its size, no bigger than my thumbnail, octahedron in shape. It's deep red almost makes it look like it was filled with blood. 

"How does it work?" I asked without taking my eyes off the gem.

"After you say the magic words, for twenty four hours whoever touches you will be part of your life forever!"

"Um, ok. How much," I asked, looking at her worriedly. I don't know how much I believe in her but it was a pretty stone. 

"For you 50 bucks."

"50?! I'm a high school kid, I don't have that kind of money!"

"Magic isn't cheap. Pay or you'll continue to live your miserable life." She stated without dropping her smile. 

I stared at the red crystal, debating on what to do. Do I trust this old lady or stick to my skepticism. With a defeat sigh I went into my pocket and pulled out my wallet. 

"You made a good distinction my dear!" Cheered the woman.

With a grumble I took out a fifty dollar bill out of my wallet and and handed it to her.

"Pleasure doing business with you."

I pocketed the gem and was about to exit the cluttered store when the old woman called out to me.

"Don't forget the incantation," she sing-song handing out a folded piece of paper. 

"Thank you," I said annoyingly, grabbing the paper. 

I exited the shop feeling like I was scammed as now I was fifty short and still had school tomorrow with only this darn rock to show. My only hope is that what the old hag said was true.