Week 1

BAMB

Sunset hand slammed onto the locker by my head as I cowered by her assuredness. This has been my life for the last week. 

"Well Sunny, where's our lunch money?" Sunset commanded as Starlight snickered from behind.

Slowly I took out a small wad of cash. Just as soon as it was in view, Sunset snatched the money out of my hand. 

"Pleasure doing business with our favorite "friend"," she laughed as Starlight soon followed. They continued to laugh as they walked away. As they left I took a quick glance at both Sunset and Starlight backside, seeing a smig of a muffin top poking out of their jeans. I was interrupted from staring at their butts by another girl walking up to me.

"Hey, you should stand up for yourself," called out Rainbow Dash. 

"I'm too much of a coward," I deflated, looking away from the sports girl. 

"Well then, what you really need is some bravery lessons by yours truly!" She announced, pointing to herself proudly. 

"I don't know," I said slowly slinking away. 

"Nonsense! Besides, I need to make up for hitting you in the head last week." She then wrapped her arm around my arm. Before I could protest I was pulled by the surprisedly strong girl. "You can eat with me and Applejack as we discuss our training schedule."

~

The cafeteria was bustling with kids and teenagers talking about school, activities they'll do after school, fashion, and a cacophony of other conversation that was inaudible in the sea of voices. The air was filled with today's lunch special, the oily goodness of french fries and pizza.

I had no autonomy as Rainbow Dash pulled me through the crowds of students going to and fro from the food kiosk to the seats. She eventually led me to a table where an orange cowboy girl was sitting down eating a hamburger. 

"Hey Applejack, watch over this kid while I get some grub," Rainbow Dash said, pushing me into a seat next to Applejack before zipping away.

"You're that kid that Dash hit last week. Um Sunstone wasn't?" Applejack asked as she put down her half eaten burger. 

"Yes," I stuttered as I began to become nervous sitting next to a girl.

"Well good to meet you again. So what has Dash dragged you into if you don't mind asking?"

"Um, courage lessons," I meekly said. Applejack just burst into laughter, smacking her knee. My cheeks turned bright red. I just want to melt away and escape this humiliation.

"Don't feel bad. Dash always tries to get people into her wild "get help" ideas. You're just her newest victim," she laughed again while turning her attention back to her meal.

I looked down at the table feeling uncomfortable. This is the most social interaction I've had in years, well, technically last week, but before that, years. 

"Cheer up, I'll keep dash in line and won't let her go overboard," Applejack nudged me before finishing her burger. 

With a bang Rainbow Dash returning with a heavy tray full of food. From a couple of slices of pizza, a plate full of fries, several cups of jello, and two chocolate muffins. 

"Here you go," Dash said as she gave some of her pile of food to me. I was surprised to see that I was only given one third of her portion, leaving a lot of food for herself. 

"What?" She snapped, looking at me scornfully. 

"I don't say anything," I raised my hands up defensively. 

"Dash, don't you think that's a lot of food," Applejack came to my rescue.

"Just building up some muscle mass. And don't scrutinize me, I saw that this was your second burger," Dash huffed as she diverged the blame away from her.

"I'm a growing girl that works hard at the farm. I deserve a bit more than the average person," Applejack pushed back.

"Sure," teased Rainbow Dash before taking a huge bite of pizza. "Anyway, I think some confidence boost is our first step to becoming a man." Dash exclaimed before stuffing a handful of fries into her mouth. 

I wasn't paying attention as I turned to see the two heckling bullies that just stole this poor girl with pigtail's food. To my horror they saw me looking at them and quickly hightailed it to me.

"Well look who here, I thought we bankrupted you," Sunset snarled, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Hey leave him alone," defended Dash, springing to her feet to confront the two bullies. 

"Lookie here, he got some bodyguards, how pathetic!" Laughed Starlight.

"Oh when I'm done with him he won't need any protection!" Dash mimicked Sunset and stood at attention. I just want to shrivel into dust and be blown away by the wind. 

"Now, now, we don't have to get physical," Applejack spoke up, "but if I see you threatening this lad again then you'll have two horseshoes up your keisters." Both bullies burst into laughter but to my relief they just walked away.

"Thanks," I said quietly.

"It's not a problem partner! It's what friends do," Applejack smiled, slapping the back of my back. I almost fell to the table by how hard this cowgirl slapped, making my whole shoulder sting.

"This is more dire than I originally thought. They're not just bullying you like everyone else, you're their pet." Dash sat back down and stuffing a large bite of muffin into her mouth. "Well, it's great that I found you. By the end of the year I'll make you bully-proof!" I groaned at the thought of this girl turning me into a overbuff dude.